Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picture Request

Default Picture Request

I am currently writing an article for my website detailing the development or real world lightsabers and I am in need of some pictures for posting.

I need the following:

Golf tube saber pics,

Plasma Saber pics,

And EL saber pics,

I have a ton of LED saber pics already so no need to post, I would prefer large images that I can edit & upload myself and credit will be given to anyone who gives me the right to post them, I will also ad links to your site if you have one.

Please no copyrighted images or images that are not yours.

Thanks again!
    If it ain't burning I didn't do it!
    Card carrying member of the FSM!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, golf tubes... that'd be Madcow's thing I guess.

Plasma sabers... whoo. Not many have those since they are very old. I put up pics of my Vader in the "share your pictures" thread. I think it's like page 25...

Corbin also has one. I've never seen him show it off, but he told me he had one of the amazing1.com sabers given to him many years ago.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i have been following "real world" lightsabers for some time I actually have a popular electronics magazine with instructions on how to build plasma on the cover, just need some pics for my article tho.

I have never seen a plasma saber IRL, Ive seen el paper and leds, and for fun I put a lazer pointer in my blade once.

Looked ok but not that great.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I could probably help out with the EL, both EL wire and EL tape.

If you are still needing some, I'll take some pics tonight after work. Just let me know here or in PM the type of shots you are looking for. (ie flash, no flash, background lighting, total darkness, etc.) I'm not a professional, but I'll do my best.

I'll have to make sure my 9v batteries are all charged up, first.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

that would be great jr, Albertan pics are welcome! as long as they are good clear shots, maybe some comparisons with a lux saber next to it?

thanks again,

i couldnt find your plasma pics xwing, these forums are getting TOO big.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...=asc&start=330

Man that was a pain to find... not the greatest pics in the world either. I wish I could take new ones but that saber isn't in the condition to be any better if I took pics now.

It's going to get major upgrades soon. New blade holder, clamp, new driver, new blade construction to get rid of the halos, etc...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

those pics should work ok, as long as you are giving me permission to use them and when you finish your upgrade i'll change the pics.

Okay, I have taken several pictures for you. I can't quite get my camera to take accurate pictures (I probably neeed to adjust some fine settings that I'm not familiar with. I'll try adjusting them in photoshop closer to the real things. The camera makes them too bright and....luminous. The colours appear washed out.

I'll send the originals (sized downwards to save space), and my adjusted version, if I can come up with a suitable adjustment.

I'll email them to you.

EDIT: Okay, I manually adjusted several settings on my camera and took new shots (not sure exactly what they were, but got a lot closer to the real thing. Email sent.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

I'll see if I can get a few pics of my Parks EL paper ones.
    Green & Purple okay?
    I just don't have Green or Purple LEDs for comparison though unless I use my K2 with filters.

Would they count Rav?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?