Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MR replacement motion sensors

Possibly. But... without finding a way to re-program--you wouldn't get much of a benefit.

For those joining us, here's the thing:

MR motion/vibration sensors:
    These are essentially "digital", and register 0 or 1... on or off. There is NO in between. You either swung or you didn't, you either clashed, or you didn't.

Accelerometers:

In almost all cases, these are "analog", and register a range of data. Depends on the accelerometer for the "granularity" of the range. You could detect slow, medium, fast motions. Better control, more realistic.

If you want the more realistic boards, I believe Erv's is the only one thus far that really takes advantage of the accelerometer. I have to experiment more with the Ultrasound board, but it is not programmable, so however it works, that's how it stays.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

the reason i hate the tilt is because it's pretty un realistic and lags. when u change the angle of the sword or rotate the handle just slightly, it produces a slashing sound which is annoying.

I was wondering if i could get a sensor that would trigger once i hit a certain velocity with my swing, therefore slow motions wouldn't register since the senor has already been preset.

I am looking for a local source for this clash sensor. I have found similar items on the web.

Not sure what kind of g-force activation the original had. Or even if that matters...but if you get one that is too sensitive then I imagine that it would make contact when simply swinging the lightsaber...one that is not sensitive enough would not even make contact when dueling. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Edit - links removed now that TCSS carries this product
    Last edited by Darth Securis; 11-13-2009 at 01:57 PM.

I already heard back from one of them. Here is his email:
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your inquiry. Our MOQ is 15 units. 15 X $8.21 = $123.15 plus shipping, handling and any applicable custom or bank fees.
    Please find the attached quotes and order form for your future use.
    Best, Jim

Jim Downey
    Business Development
    might as well go tear into a Hasbro instead of this one. But this one is probably better. I have some other emails out so I'll keep you all posted on the responses.
    Last edited by Darth Securis; 11-13-2009 at 01:57 PM.

you could also save yourself the trouble, and just get them from the TCSS store:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Cl...nsor-P485.aspx

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    you could also save yourself the trouble, and just get them from the TCSS store:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Cl...nsor-P485.aspx
    Damn!... I did not see those before.. I have been searching the forum and didn't see anything about that. The worst part about this is that I just received my order from TCSS. So now I have everything I need except the clash sensor. I have even made posts about it before. I wish someone would have spoken up before.

Thanks Jay-gon for the info.

Now I have to wait on this.
    Last edited by Darth Securis; 11-13-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    Mike Spurgeon SL-3412 Star Garrison

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Don't feel too bad, they are new to the shop in the last week. For future reference though, always check the Store News section in the forums. It always has info on new released items and future stuff

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I just saw your post today, so I couldn't tell you any sooner...sorry!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Actually, Tim never mentioned this by name. I think this fell under the one where he just said "added a bunch of stuff" or similar.

But still, I must admit, I am eying this and wondering how well it would work soldered into the clash terminals of a Corbin board...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Lavar View Post
    Actually, Tim never mentioned this by name. I think this fell under the one where he just said "added a bunch of stuff" or similar.

But still, I must admit, I am eying this and wondering how well it would work soldered into the clash terminals of a Corbin board...

...erm.......plead the 5th

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS