Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with economy soundboard

Default Problems with economy soundboard

I've been wiring up a soundboard out of an Dount Dooku clone wars toy hasbro saber. I'm running a LUXIII red/orange using a relay to direct drive it off the battery pack, which is 6 volts. So I got it all wired up and it worked fine for about 30 seconds and then the sound stopped. The lux still runs, so that means the card is still operating correctly as far as switching on and off the led. I'm running one of Tim's speakers so I doubt it blew already.

Ok here's a pic. Wires from the right are from the battery pack. Negative splits to the board and to the led. Positive splits to the board, and relay. Lamp negative from the board to the led. Wires at the top go the the swing, clash, and momentary switch. Any help would be appreciated.

did you try new batts? direct drive drains them pretty fast.

Batteries are brand new. The led still lights, its just the soundboard isn't putting out anything..

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Some of those sound boards have a fuse on them. Check to see if you have voltage on both sides of the fuse. You can solder a wire across the fuse if it is blown.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Ok thanks. I will see what I can do with it.

Well no luck. Replaced the fuse with with a wire. (before and after pics below). I have checked all the connections ten times.. Could it be possible that the brand new speaker blew already? It should be able to handle that kind of power, but I have no way to test it right now.

Ok. Now I'm really lost. I got myself a new multimeter and started testing. The speaker is fine. The fuse never was the problem. All the connections seem to be good.. The led is still switched on and off by the board, so it can't be fried. Man this is getting to be more trouble than it's worth.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I haven't had that problem before. You could use the speaker that came with the board to test and see if the speaker is bad. It may be cheaper to just get another economy hasbro saber and start over.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I have checked every single connection on the board and they all work ok. Oh well. It was only 15 dollars.. better than blowing a US or CF..

Well I went to my local walmart and netted myself a force action anakin saber. We will have to see how this one does..