Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My ongoing mhs project.

Yeah it was very tedious. Iam glad I dident do it. If I did it would look 10 times worse.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Ok so I did some work on the switch mount some more and its fine but I ned to figure out a way to keep the switch from turning on itself.

So far Ive shaved down the sides of the switch a bit and have made a nice flat spot in the mhs section but at some point of turning it on and off its gonna turn on itself so anyone got any ideas to stop this or maybe another recomentadion for a dpdt latching switch?

I would prefer soemthing thats not so easy to turn off like just turning it off and on needs some effert.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

a future tip for making square holes:
    drill a hole with a bit that is one size smaller than the across section of the object going in (if that makes sense). then, use microfiles to make the hole square. you might want to tape the square off so you know where to file.

i did it on my MHS and it looks fabulous, just time consuming
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Yeah but its gonna get all covered up by a plate anyway.

You should see all the filing I did to the switch hole only to ditch this idea and go with the slider here.

Hopefully the slider here is good sizedlike it will fit in the hole(mine is the same size as the push button switches here), so hopefully I just have to drill/tap 2 holes for 2 8/32" cap screws to hold it in place.

Then off to make more holes for the sound to come out.. Iam mounting my speaker to my heatsink so I can get sound to come out around the saber instead of below it. So it gives a more impretionable sound like the sameber is actually making the sound not the pommel.

Well I talked to tim and hes gonna make me a version of the lt crown emitter for me. so now all I have to do is remove another rib in the square hole so I can fit my other 5mm led then Iam gonna search for a slider that has holes to fit the 8-32 cap screws to hold it in place.

Then after thats all said and done I can wire this up, do some weathering work, make my sinktube plate make some soundholes, get a tip and a speaker and its fineto.

ok so I just found out that the holes in the switch are threaded, so I can mount my switch to my cover plate.

Now to sand the edjes of my sinktube

more on that later

OK Major update on the saber.

So far I have stripted the chrome off my sinktube and have worked on the plate and bands.

My brother has found a way to strip the chrome off the sinktube with ease.

At out minards in the sandpaper area there are these sanding wheels that can attack to a drill and its like the automotive sanders where you stick the round sand paper on it.

Strips the chrome off with ease.

So heres the work on the switch area to alter it for a slider.

Now here are the bands and plate I worked on.

Still got to smooth and level the edges some more but there almost done.

The "flange" on the bladeholder was actually from my brothers sinktube he got. it was like a 15" or so sinktube with a bend and a "nut" with that little flange part sticking off the end of it.

I figured hell that will work for on my bladeholder.

And when I get my Crown emitter from tim I think it will look pritty sweet.

The plate Iam debating on shrinking it about a 1/4" or less, Not sure yet. But I need to make some slots for more sound vents. so I may leave this plate as it is, I got the other side thats a little bit bigger so well see.

I think its turning out pritty darn good and cant wait to get this saber finished.

Earlyer today I did a test fit of the boards and battery pack. and these new ones of tims the 2600AA packs My board wont fit on top of the pack and fit in the saber so I checked and The boards are gonna be sitting togeather above them. ITs a good thing I decided to stick the speaker on my heatsink cause there is no room in the 7" section for anything.

I got room for my recharge port in the pommel but thats it. Iam debating on taking out half a rib in the accent led area so I can fit my other 5mm led.

These 2 leds togeather match the spects that of the 3mm led that I got from tim. So Yeah 2 leds dasy chained off the one resistor(150ohm 1/4 w) should be ok if not then there gonna be underpowerd which is fine. there yellow so there still gonna shine like mad.

All I need now is to get my tip from ultra wait for my emitter and speaker and have my bro make my disk for the recharge port.

Then gonna wire it all up and see if I fry something.

Sorry about the pics this camera isent the greatest.

WOOHOO.

Thanks to my brother the hilt progress is almost finished. Just need a couple more things and this is finished.

I just need to drill the hole for the accent led and add a couple cap screws as a switch guard.

Got to get a 10/32 thumbscrew and another buttonhead screw for the top band for the bladeholder.

Still waiting on the washer for the pommel recharge port.

Almost there ALMOST THERE!

Looking good so far!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Why thank you. I hope to have it finished in a week. but thats up to my brother cause he knows soldering better than I do.

I can do it in a pinch but I dont trust my soldering work.

So, Earlyer today bro and I were working on our video for the CSA submition to be a true jedi knight and the sweat on my hands have already tarnished the brass quite well and Iam loving it.

I just have to tarnish the other brass part I have, maybe keep it in hand thru out the day while doing something, No idea what yet but hopefully I can get it to match up well.

Just waiting for the crown then the hilt work will be finished, the led should be going in tomorrow I hope if not oh well.

So then I can start the wiring and recharging the battery.