Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Gon's RLSA EL saber conversion (CF V4)

What exactly makes it a "g style"
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    What exactly makes it a "g style"

I think maybe because it kinda looks like a Graflex?
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 03-20-2010 at 11:43 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I thught it was coz dey is from da 'hood!

(I'l leave this evil lack of grammar here for J-lo & Nightwing to trip over.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 03-20-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I don't know why it's called a "G-Style," it's what they were called on the old RLSA Sabers site. I'd have to agree with J-Lo, that it may be because it looks like a Graflex.

Thanks, JediTom! Glad to see you made it here, too! For those who don't know, JediTom is a pal of mine from the SaberKnights website.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Okay, time to resurrect an old thread with some new information!

This saber has again gone to the workbench for an upgrade! No, it's not going to get an Ultrasound 2.0, although it did cross my mind! This is getting upgraded to a Crystal Focus Saber Core v4.1 from Plecter Labs!

I started by getting everything disassembled, and began planning:

I will be attempting to re-use the 4-AA battery holder that was installed when I upgraded the wiring on this one a while back. this saber was also for a time sporting an Ultrasound 1.0, but that board quit working properly, so I replaced it with the original Anakin ROTS board that I had installed during this thread. since it had a US 1.0 in it previously, it already had the premium speaker required, so, I started by mounting the speaker and a resonator to the battery holder:

I also used a couple of pieces of double-sided foam mounting tape to mount the CF. Accessing the MicroSD card isn't the easiest thing with this set-up, but it is doable. I only plan on setting it up once, anyway.

Just for comparison's sake, I took a pic of the CF and US 2.0's together:

Waht a difference! Size-wise, they are about the same, with the CF being just a bit longer and a hair wider....

With the CF board mounted, I started on the wiring:

I have something in mind for the recharge port that is a little different from how they have been done before....I have it mounted to a piece of 1 1/4" pvc that was a bit too big to fit in the saber....so I cut small section of it out so that it springs open....after I drill the hole, the recharge port should "snap" into place and be held by the force of the pvc pressing against the inside of the hilt, along with the plug being in the hole. The result will hopefully be a recessed recharge port without the need for a nut:

More to come as work progresses.....
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 12-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

this is one heck of a cool looking saber jay
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Can you elaborate more on that recharge port setup? I'm intrigued
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Definitely want more info on the recharge port.

what exactly do you want to know? Hopefully, it'll just snap into the hole I'll drill in the hilt and not require the retention nut.....