Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Gon's RLSA EL saber conversion (CF V4)

The clash sensor fit right in there, too! I like this board, too, it's got a real metallic sound to it, with almost an echo in the hum....I should have attatched the rest of the neg. led wires, though...there's a slight delay between the activation sound and the led lighting up. I think the one neg. wire that was on it was the last one to come on in the sequence. I'll fix that when I take this board out and install the Ultra sound board.

Ithink I know what was wrong with the hole pattern, too. I had the laser guides off location for the drill bit I used to drill the holes. Stupid mistake....

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I drill all my holes by hand with a Li-Ion powered drill (go figure). A laser guide would be nice, but it's not necessary for homemade sabers.

I think the hole pattern is just fine, Jay. Something to be said for sabers that do NOT look like they are perfectly machined (especially in an SW world)... plus you get satisfaction of doing nearly everything you can by "hand"...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Very true, Nova, I hadn't thought about that! You can also see the "battle scar" on the pommel where a very large twine of aluminum gouged it while drilling. I should've taped it up before putting it in the vice. oh well, it just adds to the "used" look, I think.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I so wanted to get a G-style to convert!
    Fantastic Job Jay!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I also just got some more of Ultra's DIY blade film and made up another blade for it:

nice job man. it really looks like you like 3/4 inch blades. speaking of 3/4 inches, i just saw a yoda mr in person, it was a nice idea, but good for children. I mean if i could get one for free then thats cool but i wouldnt really waste my money on one, especially since i dont like it. I would much rather get an RLSA although they are out of business
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Yeah, it's too bad he went out of business, these sabers are really easy to work on, and the design is what I call "simplistic elegance." This was EL saber to start off, with no sound, and the best way to convert it to a luxeon, was to retain the 3/4" blade. I also like them because of the lighter weight, it's almost like they're not really there.

lol yea. I like how you used your drill press to your advantage. sorta beats a lathe in some ways. I wish i had a drill press. Ill stick to MHS sabers until i get my own lathe, then ill make my own Killer sabers. litterally they will kill you lol.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

The next tool I buy for making sabers will be a mini-lathe. I think I may make some more of this "G" style saber if I do get one.

Hi Jay,
    Very nice job on the saber.
    Tom