Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: battery issues

No Hasid, that is not correct.

You can wire batteries up for the voltage or the amperage... or a mixture of both! It all depends on the needs and goals of the project.

Example:
    3.7v Li-Ion @ 2400mah

3 of them wired for 3.7v... would yield 7200mah
    3 of them wired for 11.1v... would yield 2400mah.

You could also do 4 of them, "mix" parallel & serial... and yield 7.4v @ 4800mah. Whatever floats your boat.

http://sierranevadaairstreams.org/ow...ry-config.html

I found that by searching online quickly, and I hate to post a link away from TCSS, but whatever helps people to understand. I can see that it is about wiring up RV batteries. So what. Also, I know Corbin had info on series vs. parallel on the "old" Corbinscomponents.com site, but anyhow.

As with all things, there are advantages and disadvantages to both setups--some of which affect the battery at the core level... not just your runtime!

This is yet ANOTHER reason why I like Li-Ion batteries... I don't have to do the "dance" of wiring up tons of cells when 3.7v or 7.4v will do just fine. I personally find it insane that some people are perfectly satisfied with wiring up 21 AAA batteries instead of 1 to 4 cells. One solder gone wrong with 21 cells, and you may slowly be eeking toward battery corrosion, warping, or worse yet--leakage that might wreck your [Plecter CF, MR, Ultra, Corbin, etc.]. With the PCB on the Li-Ions, I don't worry about much of any garbage like that.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Well we were talking about regular rechargable batterys that you get in a clearance rack at walmart.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

again hasid it doesnt matter, you can wire them for Voltage or current, if you wire them in series u get voltage if you wire them in parallel you get mAh

I get it now. Luckily I know enough physics to understand what you guys are talking about.

Oh and I'm not using rechargeable batteries. I have a box of 12 C batteries that I'm planning to use up first (with a plain resistor) and then I might install a charge port. I won't be using any boards yet just in case the batteries do leak.

So this is what my set up is going to be using Energizer Industrial C batteries (1.5v 8350 mAh) for a K2 royal blue LED:

- 3 C batteries in series (should yield 4.5v 8350 mAh)
    - 1 Ohm 5 watt resistor (as per resistor chart)

Sounds correct.

That's going to be one mighty long saber! Long-lasting too, as the K2 "light sides" draw about 1500ma, so taking the @8000mah, figuring in the resistance and all... you should still get like 5.5 hours run time at the very least.

But 5 hours, that would be SWEET!

I'm surprised that on Erv's v1.2 boards, while running 1300ma, I get like 3.5 hours+ on a 7.2v 2400mah setup.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

It's my first blade and I'm shooting for a less than 13". It's not gonna have too many electronic parts so the batteries fit easily. I'll post pictures up when there's something to show.