Page 53 of 397 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

My costume is many different parts but it all seems to work to together, I am going for a ROTS look overall which will be different since most of the others are ANH, ESB, ROTJ. I got a ANH style chest box coming which will look like the ROTS once I am done with it and the helmet is another story. I would love to get a better helmet but the cost is really a problem, I thought about making a mold but the rubies is so poor even with all of the rework it still will fall short. I got the chest armor all sanded and will get some primer on it soon, then I will have to get the silver and black paint for it. I will have to get a leather suit which will be one on the bigger things to buy but one piece at a time and it will all come together.
    I checked the local 501st and they don't have a vader so maybe that will work in my favor[?]

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith

imtalking about the vader on page 1.[]

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Yeah, get that straight 'cause they're all different! [][8D][)][:0]

-Brotherhood of the Sith-

from lan-ed-tel<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">so seth, how much of a vader outfit ya got? the whol;e thing, or are ya doing like do-clo, piece at a time?

Brotherhood of the Sith<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I have The whole suit. I posted pics a couple of pages back

Brotherhood of the Sith

Hey Lan I got a new epoxy for you. It hardens almost immediatly and can be drilled and tapped also. It's from 3M's Duramix division and the part number is 4747. It cost about $100 to get started but you get 10 tubes plus the applicator gun. It is also available on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3M-DU...2952QQtcZphoto
    We use this stuff for everything including my Vader helmet will be modded with it. It should speed up the process. Once you have the gun (it's free they just want you to buy 10) it does not cost much for the refill. It sands great; powders does not roll;

The Brotherhood of the Sith doesn't have two days to wait on epoxy. We shall do what we must and SHOW NO MERCY! Not watch glue dry LOL

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

...wolverines suit looks pretty darn good for not doing much more than reworkin the helmet some. i think he got lucky on that.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lest we forget, I did the mod on the chest box to put the lights in correct orientation, I put new strap slits in the suit itself, making the chestbox sit where it should set, (slightly below the armour), as well as the few mods that were made to the helmet, and adding and modding the neckbrace. [][8D]

I have yet to decide if I'm going to commit myself to working on the helmet as much as you and Do-Clo did, or just get the fiberglass one, and the ESB armour, and chestbox, and call it there! [:0][]

There's some sweet reveal helmets going on ebay right now, as well as the same helmet & mask Vaderpainter has. [:0] ...Lots of thinking here![][}] I am damn tired of the inadequecies of the Rubies mask, and I want to set it on fire! hahaaha [}]

...but in reality, I'll probably end up selling both of them. [^]

Has anyone checked into the "Grand Army of the Republic" as an option to the 501st?

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Damn!!! Our long lost Sith Brother hath returneth!!![:0]

Hey Tet!, No, actually, no,

Damn where were you 4 pages ago??? [8D][][)] Good Idea! [^]

Been working[]. Now I'm starting to dig in on my costume. I might as well start at the Top. I have two Ruby's helmets and the are at identical levels of suck! All the lines are crooked, the neck is lopsided, and when do i stop. I'm thinking of laying fiberglass matte on the outer helmet cause it is darn crooked. Could sombody post the exact paint schemes. I am having a hard time with that. I have all the Billet pieces for the chest box overhaul and the billet knobs for the belt boxes. I have a buckle and a leather cod piece although it looks kinda big but i'll get to that later. I would love to have a 2 piece suit. I'd hate to have to ask my wife to help me in the rest room.LOL

Try this forum http://www.sithtrainingtemple.com they have a lot of good info on the different versions of vader and some good reference pictures.

Here is some info on reworking your helmet http://www.imperial-fleet.com/vader/

Do-Clo
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith
    Don't make me destroy you...