Page 52 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

You got that right brother the rubies is really poor, I now have the mask in primer when it dries I can fix the small spots and sand it then prime again. I don't even want to think neck brace at this point,[xx(]

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

That's probably wise, 'cause it doesn't line up on the bottom either [}]
    The whole thing is, you have to trim down the neck on the mask, AFTER you fit the neck brace on, so you can ensure they line up. [][}]

PS -Don't forget to vote my Sith Brothers! []

-Brotherhood of the Sith-

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ooo... campaigning I see.[] *loads targeting computer*

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Someones got to, Mi Gin Gon has his people campaining in the chat room! [] Nothin' stoppin' you either, notice -I didn't shamelessly say "for me", So don't point that thing at me Mister! []

This may be a dumb question, Can you replace the lenses without filling the eye sockets? And you guys have bought different colors of lenses, which ones look the best? Ive seen the pics of the actually lenses but not in an actual helmet.

Brotherhood of the Sith

The lens we all have requires the removal of material to fit the lens in the helmet, I think lan got smoke and I have the grey, they have a ruby color that is really good. The rubies lens go in from the outside and the new lens goes in from the inside. Trik toys had some replacement lens that go in just like the stock ones with no cutting required but if I got those I would still trim some of the material out to improve your field of vision.

Hey I voted for you brother.[]

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Thanks for your support My Sith Bro!!!! [][^]

well seth, on mine all i did was be very careful and do the trimming of that lip aropund the eye sockets. i didnt add any filler. i got mine to actually fit pretty well. i epoxied a small block of nylon in the bridge of the nose. the lil middle hole in the lens lined up on that block which i drilled a hole and placed a small screw thru lens into block. tightned it just enough to be secure. along with some hotglue around the outside edges of lens. it stays in there pretty well. and only a minor lil gap, you cant see along bottom edges of eye sockets. unless your 6 foot 9 you cant even see them.

brace is su[pposed to be on its way monday. so i should have plenty of time to fit it.

i have already doen all that triming and neck fitting, im hoping it will fit up with just minor tweaking. it should, since ive done alot of fixing in that area already.

oh, and like the smoke ones from the lens guy we got ours from. do-clo likes his grey ones. depends on what type helmet ya want. one style had the red lens. pik one and go with it.

so seth, how much of a vader outfit ya got? the whol;e thing, or are ya doing like do-clo, piece at a time?

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

that darth vader costume is sweet[][][8D][:0][]

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous

which one? wolverine has more better pics of his right now, all i got is the one in my sig for now. but i have a digitalcamera now and plan on takin some good pics of the whole suit, plus shots of the mods areas if anyone wishes. wolverines suit looks pretty darn good for not doing much more than reworkin the helmet some. i think he got lucky on that.

on mine i added some velcro here and there to make stuff stay put better, and added a high dollar voice/breathin system. lots of reworkin on the helmet. as you will see readin through my thread here. i did, with do-clos help, scratch build a whole new set of boxes with lights and billet knobs and correct square lens and ANH red globe light.

i posted those pics in comparison with the first try i done. used a aluminum set, they just looked to squarish to me. if ya get what i mean.

do-clo's workin on his piece by piece, and thats another option top go puttin one together. nuttin wrong with that at all.

yeah, it would be great if those darn fiber helmets were a lil bit more affordable, but i just cant see payin as much for a helmet as my whole suit cost. its ridiculous. ya know, i am thinkin bout gettin another supreme helmet to do the full rework on, and i juast thought, i might try to use it as a mold of sorts, to make my own fiber helmet off it. make the corrections to the original with whatever it takes to do that, the pc-7 probably, get it all shaped right, then use it to mold a fiber helmet. cant see why i couldnt do it.

do-clo, might be an option for you, since your doing the whole fix to yours. get it shaped right and mold a fiber off it.

just a thought,suggestion for ya.
    i talked to jeff and he told me he was tryin to make a upper reveal section to use with his detaled chin section. but he wants to try and get the price on it low enough so its more affordable than a high dollar fiber helmet. i asked himm if he might think of doin the setup as a complete unfinished kit. waitin for a reply back. a full reveal helmet at a cheaper price we would have to finish/paint/glue the bits on would be a great help to us.

well, brace is on its way, and that real grease gun flash hider should be here pretty quick too. then i just need to save up enough to get the rest of the metal parts from blast-tech to do the han solo blaster convert. if i didnt say it already, im goin for the greedo killer style. you dont hardly ever see that one around. every one goes for esb/rotj style. the kit is cheaper, but everyone has that one, if ya get my meaning.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...