Page 4 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

Lan i am interested in the cool vest also. I have one for work but it requires an air line in. I t would be great to find one that did not require that.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Hey LAN,
    At first my chest armor swung up when putting on the helmet, but I tightened the strap in back of it, and it made it more taunt, so then it didn't swing up after that
    I like your Ideas to velcro the breather switch to a belt box, and making a disconnect for it, great Ideas.

well, i think its all done now. i did take some web strapping, the stuff i found at wally world, just like what they have on the costume. i scuffed it up with sandpaper on the back side of the front. about 2 inches from top. and laying the ends on top one another at a 90 degree and epoxied them to armor. they run down to each side. i made loops with the other half of the buckle on it anf they slip on the cod part strap. then clicking the strap buckle in the loop buckle. pull on strap to tension it up. snug, not tight. it worked fantastic.

i took the suit over to my friends house last night and tried the entire setup on. including the voice headgear i made. i have velcro on the backside of the voice box that attaches to the suit underneath the inner robe on the left side besides the chest box. with the robe over it you cant see it. after i got it all on, then whilst my wife was holding the helmet i connected the breather wire disconnect i made and slipped on the helmet. i turned on both helmet fans before i put it on. with headgear mike set right i slipped on gloves. i had also made a saber hook. i made it from a peice of stainless steel sheet i had. i made it look like its supposed to look. at least very close. i hung my vader LED saber i had made on it. put on the gloves. i had run the breather wire from the velcroed on box. on back side of right belt box thru the lower strap hole for chest box. on up thru suit and out the neck. i

i placed my hands in the traditional vader type pose, using my lil finger pressed the breather device. walked into the room, and the look on theyre faces, man was it sweet. i had the chest box and belt boxes all lit up. i raised my left hand made a fist, shaking it. let off the breather and spoke, you dont know the power of the darke side. then hit the breather again.

they were amazed. they said, cuz of the helmets reverberating effect on the voice, it sounded darn close and very good. i did accidentally pop the fan loose from the top of the helmet. i hot glued it back when i got home.

whilst they were jawdropping at me, i whipped off the saber and slapped in the blade and fired that puppy up. i used the blade tim sent me. with his diffuser tube. it made the suit glow with a eeirie redish glow from the front. they went oooohhhhh. again, very impressed.

i did take just a tad more off the neck on the right side as it seemed to hit the armor more on that side. so i guess, its all done, and been debued for a couple folks. i still have to get the pics. i will as soon as i can arrange it.

TET, the one im trying to buy off ebay, and what we all have to have for the wearing inside of one of these suits is a phase cooling vest. the one im trying for is made by dupont. fully adjustable. 1 size fits all vest. 4 cooling pockets. 2 front 2 rear. they slip into pockets. the cooling packs have a parafin and chemical in it. you immerse them in cold water for 20 minutes and then pull them out and slip them in the pockets. put the vest on and then the costume.

it wont drip water inside the suit. a very nice thing. you wouldnt want to go walkin round leaving a trail of water andd have folks think, vaders peein his pants, now would we. lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

[chant]

PICS! PICS! PICS!

[/chant]

That goes for you too Wolverine, you still owe us pics of the individual pieces. []

I'm just anxious to see the parts close up. For example, I'd like to see if there are 'seams' in the plastic (from molding), and I'd like to see the quality of the stitching on the jump suit.

C'mon... Help me out... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease...?

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Ok,
    I will take more pic's when I have time to unpack this thing again.
    That's one thing I'm disappointed in, it's like a big ritual to get this all out of the box, and once you want to put it back, you have to retape it closed. It (the box) doesn't do a very good job at reclosing.
    Great story LAN, I got a bad visual on the peeing thing, but very funny. Hey which voicebox did you get? [?]

Some info though Devilstar2k2, the seams on most of the plastic parts, are on their backsides, as well as the switches for each piece.
    As far as the jumpsuit goes, it's pretty heavy, and it don't look cheap,
    If you want a quick fix for the close-ups, go to this site -
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mikafun/DARK...E%20REELLE.htm
    This guy's got all that posted. Clicking on the middle picture with the shoulder armor setting on top of the box, will take you to the closeup page, note: some colors are off, probably due to his camera.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine

Ok,
    I will take more pic's when I have time to unpack this thing again.[xx(]
    That's one thing I'm disappointed in, it's like a big ritual to get this all out of the box, and once you want to put it back, you have to retape it closed. It (the box) doesn't do a very good job at reclosing.[}]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[]

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Ok, ok,
    funny man.
    I had thought of that, I was also thinking of a footlocker

i just put most of mine, except for the helmet back in the outside shipping carton. i got one of those huge ziplock bags with the handle in it. wife actually had one i stole from her, and i folded up the cape,robe, and jumpsuit. put them in it and sealed it up. that went in the box, then i placed the shin guards on top, lots of room left. then placed belt, and voice headset gear, then the shoulder guard in the bag it come in. it all fit with room left over. that'll work for me till i get one of those chests. i had thought of that too. since most all of my collectable stuff are in totes in storage.

the voice thing i got was from triktoys. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
    the pic they show is the old one. i got the newer one. i asked them and found this out.

sorry bout the peeing thing.[8D][8D] that was mostly to state the evaporative vests will drip water.

but i was also so happy to find out i didnt have to make a trip to the tailor to have a fly installed in the suit. it has one.

im working on the pics thing. if my friend is available wed and thurs. i'll see if he cant get the pics. and like wolverine said, most all parting lines and the like are on the backsides of stuff, you dont see them when worn.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL
    but i was also so happy to find out i didnt have to make a trip to the tailor to have a fly installed in the suit. it has one.
    The next problem is unhooking the "cod" from it's thong-like strap, to flip the cod up, to get at that "fly", then, back again....

heres what i thought: since i have those 2 extra connections from the shoulder armor, ive already tried it a few times and it works, unbuckle those 2, then reach around and unbuckle the main in back, leaving the middle hooked. then detach the velcro in front from the bottom of belt buckle,(theres a small strip to keep the cod in place with belt buckle) then just slip it down and step out of the loop on the one side. do the business and reverse to get it back on. it will work and isnt to difficult to do it that way. flipping the cod up by unhooking the middle strap, puts alot of strain on the connection point where strap is attached to cod edge. and not to mention, how hard it would be to reconnect the darn strap again.