Page 2 of 397 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Hey LAN, did you get that voice changer from Triktoys yet? If so, how does it sound? Is it close enough for Vader? Lots a questions, I know

i got it yesterday. and well, its kinda close but i have to experiment with it. see how it sounds with me wearin the mask. i have one of those walmart masks that has the chestbox danglin from it with the vader quotes and breathin and the other button ya hit with lil adjustment sliders. i actually think its louder than this one. im goin to see after work tommorrow if it is.

i was a bit disapointed in it. its not very loud. if you hide it under the inner robe next to the side of the chest box, i think the robe will muffle it to much to be heard really good. but if this other setup is louder, then i may rip it apart and fix up some kinda deal to hold it in and use it instead. it has that lil boom mike that would work great. just epoxy a small piece of plastic in the mask and screw the base of the mike into it. and that would work.

hardest part is rippin the guts out and figuring out a holder/container, whatever to put it in. im sure i could find something thatll work.

the siut is expected to get here tuesday by ups. but we'll see. ups has been taking 2 weeks to get stuff from tim when i had him send it that way. oh, and i got the insurance shipping too. only 3.90 for that.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

VERY COOL.
    let me know how it all works out for you. I was thinking of getting one too, but I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of the "demos", on the website.
    The adjustable voice box seems alot closer than the one they're pitching as Vader's voice only, and the adjustable one is cheaper!!!

This is kind of on subject, but not... Do you guys know of any clone trooper outfits so I can wear it like Mace and Obi-Wan wore in Clone Wars? I have yet to see any of quality and I even went to the 501st website. Thanks

i also had noticed the voice changer i got was not like the one posted in the auction so i emailed triktoys and asked if i had got the wrong one. they said the one i got was a NEWER version and SUPPOSED to be better than the one shown.

as i said, i will do some experimenting with it when the suit arrives and see if i can do anything to make it louder. and also the wally world helmet with voice changer i will experiment with as well. i think the triktoy changer works fairly decent, but its just not loud enough. if there was some way to amplify the sound up some more it would be ok.

good thing i have time to get this all dialed in before the convention in june. i have a feelin its gonna take me a few weeks to figure something out.

as i said on the stormtrooper stuff triktoys has. for the helmet they got a really cool gizmo for using 2 speakers behind those 2 lil aerators on the mask. with the changer for it, ya get the short static burst then voice. if anyone is goin stormtropper this would definately be a cool lil deal to have.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Mur-Pa DiLos,
    I've seen a few Clone trooper suits on ebay, sometimes it's an exhausting search for exactly the item yor looking for.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

WWHHHOO WWHHOOO !!!
    Got my email confirmation, I should have my Rubies Supreme Vader by THursday ...Knowing UPS, probably Monday

Cool. Show us pics when you get it.

mines supposed to be here today, but as we all know ups means unusually poor service, lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

well suit arrived. i tore into it like a kid at x-mas. lol i did see what everyone says about the helmet. its flared on the left side more than right. and it looks, i may be seeing it wrong, like its a lil warped on the left side of the face. just a bit. i tried it all on, crap, that thing got just a tad warm. didnt know just how much till i took it off and was drenched in sweat. thats ok, itll make me lose weight, i could lose a few pounds no problem with that. suit fit pretty good. except for after i had the main suit on and the cod, belt, and robe i slipped the chest armor over my head and down on my shouders. then tried on the helmet.

there was a problem there. the back neck edges hit the armor and wouldnt let the helmet go down all the way like it should on my head. i was looking out the eyes and grill. so it looks like i got some modding to do to the helmet fit. i think i will trim off a bit of the back corner edges of the mask so it wont hit the armor and it should go down on my head like its supposed to.

the helmet had scuff marks on the top dome. a lil armor all gloss on it should shine it up and make them less noticeable, or get rid of them. i used that stuff on my old don post vader mask and it shines that puppy up good. so looks like mainly i got some helmet work to do and install the voice and fans.

it might take me awhile to get it done but soon as im pleased with it i'll get pics.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...