Page 12 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

I found the microphone yesterday but didn't get a chance to try it in the circuit last night. If time permits tonight I will install and test the microphone, I will post the results good or bad.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

heres 2 mikes i was considering:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
    and

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

i like the look of the headset one. kinda like what i tried, but his one looks lot slimmer no bulky things to cause hang probs, whilst puttin on and takin off helmet. this one might work good, and i cant tell if its powered, the other tie clip mike id powered by a 327 watch battery. dont know if that would fry out the wally boxes or the kit board if hooked up to it. maybe not, but i will try it on a inexpensive wally box, they only cost 6 bucks. i have 4 of them. so i can afford a loss , wally world has has a few more if i need them.

i thought of gettin both and seeing what worked best. if the tieclip one dont fry the wally board, then it should work fine on the kit board. still no word from hyperdyne about their unit and what i asked them.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

hi, i hate to interrupt, but i've been watching this thread for a while and I thought I'd just mention that Best Buy stocks an Audio Technica lavalier mic (lapel mic) that is so sensitive and loud that it needs serious attenuation when plugging into a sound board. I think it was maybe $30. just thought i'd toss it in, I think it would work nicely in a helmet.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

went to website and typed it in and no hits.

I connected the microphone from a commerical radio headset to the voice changer kit today but the results were very poor. The microphone was not sensitive enough and you had to raise your voice to make it work without breaks in your words. The problem would be that people would be able to hear you yelling from inside the helmet, not a good thing. I think the performance of the two RS microphones will be the same as they are really the same microphone with different ways to attach them to your person.

Do-Clo

well in my opinion, i think darth vaders costume is become too common, because ive seen many people wear it. but thats just my opinion, and i want to make a sith lord costume out of leather and other cool fabrics.

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

maybe where you are, but ive only seen one around my area in the last 15 years, and that guy gave up his suit cuz he made his from leather riding suit, and the whole thing was real leather. so he burned up. this new rubies is still hot, but i will wear a phased cooling vest inside mine.

do-clo, i think maybe the tie clip one might be good cuz it has to run off a 327 watch batt. so it is powered, which may make it more sensitive. your right on the headset stuff on the other types, thats the same result i had. not sensitive enough, had to basically yell.

but tax return came in and i plan on trying both RS types and see whats what on them. verdict still out on the hyperdyne deal. no word back yet on my questions. still waitin.

i do know one thing, those RS mini amplifier speakers work fantastic. if you need speakers for anything like a voice or cdplayer setup, you really should grab these things. only 14 bucks, runs off a 9 volt.

well, i just won another vader MR off ebay. got it for 50 bucks with shipping. all it says it it has a few dim, not out, but diom spots in blade other than that works good. got it for a vader conversion to led. soon as tim gets the holders in stock.

I have my MR Vader apart and waiting on the kits I have everything but the holder, so in a few days when the kits come in I will be placing an order for one. The Vader costume is fairly rare around these parts also as I have only seen one. Besides it doesn't matter if there a lot of vaders out there the main thing is that you like it and that you make your costume the best it can be.

Do-Clo

yeah, we all wait with anticipation, and itchy mouse button clickin fingers to order, tim. lol

theyre heere!!!!

well its about time to grab some sleep and get up and then its off to the benefit. i picked up a couple of disposable digital cameras to take my own pics. i will get as many as i can, and after i get home, i will try and grab a few of the mods. i just hope the lighting is good enough for them to come out good, for all to see the mods i made. i have a new cod on the way to go with a new belt im working on. i have the square green lenses and lil red bezeled lights on the way. and i already have the metal machined knobs here. do-clo is helping to look for the right size boxes. anyone knows where they are please tell us. the right size is: 4 3/4x 3.5 x 2. or im mm's its 120.7 x 88.9 x 50.8

im sure we wont find the exact sizes, but if theyre really close it may be ok, as most folks wont notice a 1/2 here or there in L and W i dont think. i have found some close, around that difference, but not dead on yet.

man wa sthat cool, i got all kinds of folks wanting pics with vader. and they sabers, oh, they went nuts over the vader/heiland and the graflex/luke with the lux's in them. only one bad thing to say, my voice setup didnt work too good. soon as i got home i experimented with a wally box, and used a different amped speaker, the one i got off ebay for 4 bucks. i used that one for the cd player plpayin the breathin cd. on the suit, that setup worked flawlessly. very loud. but the voice had probs. they couldnt hear me good, and if i turned it up more than just on, it feedbacked so bad and distorted. that was the kit board using a RS mini amp speaker. i got home and hacked into one of the other wally boxes and soldered the speaker leads to a strip of speaker wire and put a solder on mono jack on the end. i hooked up that ebay amped speaker to the wally boxs newly connected jack. turned on the units and it was definately better than what i had in the helmet. louder and more crisp and cleaner with no static like i got on other setup. so im goin with this new one for now. no word from hyperdyne on their system. im about ready to give up asking them. apparently they are so stuck up they wont bother with answering anything. bums, bozos.

a few pics were taken on my pals, digital camera. it has a 3.5 diskette for pics. yep, the older kind. so i should be able to get it from him today and x-fer the shots to my computer and upload them. im not sure just how many he got, maybe only 2. but they were a group photo of all of us.

phased cooling vest worked fairly well. kept cool for around 4 hours. i wore the suit with helmet on for 3 and a half hours before i shucked the helmet to bowl, yes, i bowled in the vader suit. minus the helmet. fell on my butt too. at the line it was slicker than snot and noone told me. so in total i had the suit on from 1 pm to 6 :30 pm. not too much sweatin. and i know the pplace the convention is this year is a good ac'd place. so that should help alot. it was cool outside and i stood around out there for an hour and a half before i went inside. cool as a cucumber. it worked pretty darn well. lots of compliments on suit, and sabers too. they were freaked when i tood them i made them myself, and where i got my parts to do it. they go, really, thats cool. hopefully, i wil get whatever pics he has later today uploaded. all in all, it was a blast, and if this is any indication of what the con will be like, man, its gonna be super. definetly pass on the sites to folks interested in saber making.

who knows, tim may get slammed with more than he can handle, lol. well, maybe not, but i do hope to get him some orders, as well as corbin and ultra too. only thing i need to do really is work on the voice system and im making the new belt boxes and belt with aluminum spare buckle i have to wot=rk with the new softer cod i bought. ya cant sit with that stiff episode 3 one.