Page 11 of 397 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

so switch 3 works pretty good huh? did you tweak on the speed/pitch potentiometer whilst holding that switch to tune it in, so to speak?

and is it louder than the wally world box? i figure it might be since you can adjust the volume with the other pot.

i had an idea for mounting. i have right now one of the trik toys fans mounted in that upper area that fits into the dome to align it, ya know which part i mean? i figure, i could remove that fan and hotglue the board and nine volt battery already has velcro there for the fan. run the speaker and mike wire down and place speaker in the front grill, hotglued in place and maybe epoxy a piece of plastic or nylon, or even put a bendable wire, like the snake end on the wally world boxs mike, in the bottom right behind the bak edge of the grill.

do you think i would get any feedback issues with the mike within a couple inches of speaker?

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

While holding the number 2 swicth I adjusted the speed/pitch control to get a really good low pitch but I decided it was really too low for a good vader so I tried the 3rd switch after the adjust was done with the 2nd switch and I was very happy with the sound. I have only had feedback issues with one setting and that is a very high pitch one but the others don't seem to be a problem. I am waiting to hear how it sounds once mounted in the helmet it should be very good.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

yeah mine came in and i got it together, but i dont have the sheilded wire for mike yet. gonna try to go in tommorrow and get it. snowin like crazy here. big front comin thru. i got it soundin pretty good on switch 2. i soldered a piece of wire across diagnolly from one side to other on backside of switch terminals to hardwire that effect on, like you said. so your saying, i should hold the 3rd down and tweak the pitch a bit and see if i get it better? oh, and i am having feedback when i have the mike witin the distance it will be inside the helmet. and your right, i will need a small echo chamber, not very long, just around an inch i think will do, maybe 1 and 1/2 at most. i used your speaker you sent on it. sounds pretty good. i temp used a top off a laundry soap bottle just to get an idea of the echo chamber effect. and it makes that thing extremely loud. with it set about right on sw 2 and hittin sw 3 it comes out alot higher in pitch, without makin any adjustments on the pot. you think, i should try a tweak on the pot. whilst holding it, then?

if i can keep the thing from feedbackin it will work great. keep me informed on your progress with yours as im tryin to follow what your doin as best i can.

I held switch two down while adjusting the pitch control I found that if turned the pitch fully clockwise then begin to turn it slightly counter clockwise I got the low pitch with a good repeat speed, but it was too low for vader. I then pressed switch three and found it to be a good sound for a Vader voice. I would remove your jumper from switch two once you adjust it and then try switch three. I found that If I used a piece of scotch tape I could tape the microphone to my cheek to place the microphone where I wanted it then I had both hands free to adjust it. You might have to decrease the volume control also just a little bit to help with feedback but once you get the pitch low you should have no problem. Mine is very loud also and I am using the speaker that came with the kit. But the other speaker being flat will be easier to mount in your helmet. With it snowing where you are I can't think of anything better to do but stay inside and work on your kit and helemet.

Do-Clo

still havin probs with the feedback. no matter what i do i get it when i get the mike within the distance of the speaker as it will be in the helmet.

funny, the sheet says sw3 is supposed to be a vibrato low. it makes a higher pitch than that. i wish i could figure out this feedback problem. i used a mono sheilded wire. one coated wire center with the other(bare) wrapped around, braided around the coated one.

did i use the wrong one? should i of used the stereo wire, instead?

i also messed with the trik box. messed up its speaker and i slapped the kit speaker in it. sounded a bit better, but of course the box wont go back together. so i modded it so the board and multi switch board is in the battery compartment now, with the battery hangin out. even it doesnt feedback like the kit does. ive worked all day on this, after i got back from town. and im no better off than before. darn feedback. its the only thing screwin things up.

I know the feeling I worked all day on a project only to end up decided to start over from the begining. I think that if you try the suggestion I sent you it should work out let me know how it goes. In the words of Red Green "If woman don't find you handsome, then they should find you handy".

Do-Clo

i also think the mike is not a good one either. i accidentally broke off the tabs the wires were soldered to. i had to use a mike from another. the wally world vader voice change helmet. hey, i hacked that up tryin to make up a good unit. it works, but my son was checkin it out for me, and he's fair with electrics. and he said some of the problems are in the mike. he suggested using a cell phone mike. i said i already did. he said no, the ones that are a lil bubble in the wire. they hang down around your chest. thye must be sensitive to pick you up that far away from mike. he said just cut off the line going on up to ear bud. and cut and solder the other end to the mike contacts on the board. if i see one, cheap i will buy one and try it.

Those cell phone setups that your son is suggesting might work but keep in mind there are two functions in the cord, earpeice audio and microphone audio. You will have to figure out which is which in the cord because those microphones assembleis are molded into the cord assembly. I have a microphone off of a communications headset and when I find it I will test it's performance on the circuit and let you know how it works.

Do-Clo

he said the same thing. he said cut it off at the earbud and peel back the wire covering to see what color those wires are. then when you cut off other end, use the other 2 colored wires. those should be the mike wires.

any luck yet on the headset mike do-clo? imtryin to locate one of those type sets i told ya about. i know a guy who has one and he said i should be able to get one at just about any dealer that has cell phone accessories. im also still lookin for some small battery powered/amped spaekers to plug in on the cd player. i thought maybe some batt. powered ones, would amp up the sound for that breathin, and i could run that speaker like i said.