Page 339 of 397 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3968

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

nice pics Tet, looks like ya had a good time.

thanks as wolverine said, for the nice compliments J G J.

i thought id pass on a lil something i found out and got.

borders is runnin a 50% off on the MR FX sabers they have.

i run into tulsa yesterday to a borders, and sure enough, each maul hilt half was 50 bucks.

i grabbed 2 to make a complete maul saber.

so one of the sabers i really wanted i now have for 108 bucks with tax.

now its up to Corbin and Tim (hint, hint) to get the maul conversion kits out. im gonna convert mine into red luxeons soon as the blade holder kits are ready.

everyone run to the borders bookstores and see if you can score any sabers whilst theyre still at 50% off.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Good part of that sale is, I don't have to go, since I already have all the MR sabers except the Obi-Wan, Bad news for me since I paid full price for all my non-converted sabers.

One converted ESB saber I bought from TET a long ways back, the other two I bought with lights damaged off Ebay for a round $30.00 each, and of course that Prized Maul is definately by far my favorite...since I won that here.
    Eventually I'd like to get, or do the conversions on my Mace, Luke ROTJ, and ESB sabers. The Luke ROTJ is my second favorite, I just love that green saber look for some reason.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

There is still good left in him, I can feel it.

BLUE 3- Ready

Wow that was alittle while ago. Infact you bought my first converted saber. Hope you have had no problems with it. Thats when Tim's tutorial had us taping all the connects. My we have come a long way and still going strong!!!

I need a carry case as well. My rubbermaid tub with wheels has flats. I love the helmet case. I hope to get one of those bad boys myself.
    I am going with a suit like Lans. Then I can ge that darn box tight and straight!

I have a new set of armor myself. I just need to attach the shoulder bells and get an ESB cape chain. Already have the cape and innerrobe.

Does anyone know where to get the rocker switches for an ESB chestbox?
    I have billet coin slots and rods but no lights and rocker switches. I have a Porty box.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Porty has the switches in one molded piece, email him and see what he'd sell them to you for. I'm sure it will be cheap.

Yeah we have come along way, who'd a thought that our love for sabers would lead us to becoming 501st certified Vaders!

It's been a fun trip down the dark side with you guys, and we are still perfecting our craft.

I'd be getting a new suit, cape, and inner robe, but the "lil" accident (as LAN labeled it) I was in has set me back some serious cash.
    I totalled my car, ('94 Thunderbird) which only had liability insurance on it, no big deal there, but I had borrowed $1000.00 to fix up the front end, and put a new rear wheel bearing, and hub on. I borrowed the cash from my dad, who didn't even ask how I was, just threw a three day tantrum about it, then he forced me into borrowing money from him (again) to buy a new-used '88 Toyota Camry which I thought was kinda pricey, but it was garage kept, and only has 54,000 miles on it. So now I have car payments...again....Uuuuurrrggg.
    Then I hit a Dunkin' Dognuts sign, so I'll be doling out the deductible for that, so he gets a new sign
    and I got a concussion.

My T-Bird had 160,000 miles, so I wasn't expecting that to last forever, just thought I could get another 2 years, without incident out of it.

Life has a way of bending you over gently when you least expect it, and giving it to you hard.

I still plan on replacing those items, just don't have a "ball park" on when.

ALSO- a little FYI -that helmet case is made from sheet metal, not aluminum, so pad up the inside, and you could drop this from a building with no harm done to your LID.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312

get a set of the rockers from porty as well Tet. he should, if you email him sell you just a set of rockers.

and i will tell you, you wont be sorry with the LA suit. its darn nice for the 350 price tag, for a real leather suit. and the mesh venting, oh man, all i can say, is wait till you try it on, ten thousand times better than any full enclosed suit for sure. i worn mine 2 times for over 4 hours each time with my set of the underarmor, and havent broke a sweat yet.

you will be happy. one thing i will tell you is add 1 to 2 inches to every diameter measurement, and let him know you also included a wrist, and ankle diameter measurement as well. i added thos to mine, and he said he hadnt even thought of those. it helped. my suits still needs a lil more break in wear time before a actual event wearing i wil go to in september.

so i have plenty of time to get it all stretched and limbered up good. thats another nice thing bout the real leather, it will stretch out a lil in any tight areas. mines snug in a few places, and at first i couldnt sit down, but after the first hour, i can sit in it now no problem as it stretched just where needed to allow that.

even lucas agreed with my breakin in procedure, and said thats the best way of doing it.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

crap, wolverine ya beat me while i was typin my meassage in.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

That's ok LAN, Multiple points of view are always better then a single one.

Lord Do-Clo, I'm sorry I haven't responded to your email, I've had several "issues" on my computer with AOL, and viruses, so I didn't mean to seem to snub you brother.
    Thank you for asking, I am fine, just a little banged up, but I heal real quick, that's where the nickname (given by friends) comes into play. No-body else in the car with me, thank god!
    Loads of BS to deal with, you, and Darth Mom, are the only people who asked how I was, and I appreciate that my good friend
    My dad was more worried about the freakin' car.
    Thanks again buddy!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312

No problem Wolverine, I figured that you where having loads of fun with life, glad to know that you are ok. Cars come and go but a good vader can't be replaced.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL
    thanks again guys, wolverine, bro, sorry to hear of the lil accident pal.

everything and everyone , OK?

hope so.
    hey bro, dont forget i asked if everything was ok, too. and if everything, meaning you and all else was ok.

im glad to hear your doing better, but sorry to hear bout the hassles revolving around the incident. i know how it feels. ive had my share of lil accidents too in the last few years. a few years back, the wife totaled the taurus we had with 3 deer. one throught the windshield, and one in the side door and the other hit the back door.

she got banged up, but not real bad, mostly banged up from the darn airbag when it went off. that accident was the worst of the few in the last few years.

on another note:

so far, im really liking the new maul saber i got. its great, and will be better after tim and corbin get the holders made up for it.

if anyone wants a 50 dollar new FX hit the borders bookstores before the sale ends.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208