Page 394 of 397 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 3968

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

Ok I have broke down and started my ESB Vader build. Going to be fun and expensive lol.
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

expensive -you Bet,

post up pictures of your progress, I for one love to see that, we're here for ya Bro!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

yup pricey but worth the exprressions on those kids faces

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Good luck on the journey. I started mine over a year ago and I think my wife regrets hearing me start with the words, "You should see this new upgrade for my Vader ... "

She just sighed and asked how many hours I was going to have to work to cover my upgraded belt buckle, chest box, and shins that I'm looking to get.

To me, it's a passion and something I've wanted to do since I was a kid. (Even though I chose to go with the ROTS Vader instead of the Vaders I grew up watching ... LOL).

Eh, she doesn't even know about me wanting to upgrade my soft parts yet!

Now, if only Darth Stone would only start making the ROTS shoulders again, my journey towards the Dark Side would be (well ... near being) complete!

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Yeah, don't get us started on the Darth Stone armor fiasco.
    I was next in line to get my armor, and he showed me a picture of it, and I was so elated, only to have that rug yanked from under my feet, LAN was somewhere behind me to get a set, so that's a touchy subject here.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

yup, im still waitin on mine as well like Wolverine said.

he has said that eventually the ones we paid for WILL get done, and until then he wont take more orders. hes had alot of family and health issues, but last i read he was getting better, and hopefully will start soon getting the remainder of current rots armors done, i think im like 4th or so on list

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Not good not good stone was who I was getting my helmet through
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

your lid might be a long time off, i havent heard anything from Stone in awhile so im not sure wheres he is at on all this stuff

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Raijlin View Post
    To me, it's a passion and something I've wanted to do since I was a kid.
    Yeah, everyone knows Star Wars. It's a cultural phenomenon. But there are those of us whose lives have been touched by it in ways most people can't fathom, and they'll never get it. My wife, God bless her, just doesn't understand why I "need" four Blas-Tech DL-44's and still want two more. She doesn't get why I "need" so many lightsabers. She can't fathom why I'm willing to spend so much time and effort and money on costumes.

It's because my earliest memory is seeing A New Hope in the theater when I was three years old in 1977...back when it was still just called Star Wars.

I was three years old and I knew right then I wanted to be creative, I wanted to tell stories that would "get" people in the same way. I never wavered from that--I'm still trying to get to a point where I can make a living as a writer. And my adoration for space opera, planetary romance, and fantasy has never waned...all because of a dirt farmer named Luke Skywalker, a space pirate named Han Solo, a snobbish princess named Leia...and a pure bad mo-fo named Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL View Post
    looks pretty good, one question: is it just the armor not sitting low nuff in front due to cape weight, or is the chestbox mounted just a lil low?

kinda looks like chestbox might be just a tad too low, the stock rubies bodysuit has the chestbox strap holes too low, i had to remake new slots in suit and raise mine, back when i started, with the rubbies sauna suit, lol

if its the cape, then you might have to doi wat i did with my rubbies armor, attach a strap system to keep the armor pulled down in front, or like a couple others guys have done use velcro under front and on suit to help in keepin it down and in place.

other than that, minor lil thing, looks good.
    Yep, it was the rubies suit having the holes too low. I noticied it for some time now....it just didn't look right in a mirror or in pictures. I have since sewn up those holes and bought two small/thin leather belts for that ESB/ROTJ look where it wraps around and you can see it. I have alos upgraded to a better Cod Piece. The new Cod Piece was too thick so I shaved it by half and it looks better.