Page 343 of 397 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3968

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

Ahh... If it's fiberglass then I'd use Marglass. It's basically Bondo with fiberglass reinforcement. It comes in different length strands, the longer the strand the stronger it is, but harder to work with.

If Bondo takes more than 5 min to dry get it off there and do it over because it will never dry, and if it does it's not going to be very strong. You want a 10-1 ratio of filler to hardener with any of these fillers, including Marglass.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

I tell ya you are better off to use 3m 8115. I am useing it on my Rubies helmet. It has a long work time and it sticks to plastic. We use it to glue door skins and such on. PM me if you would like some assistance. I owna body shop an Firebird might as well for all the knowlrdge he has. I'm sure both of us have made some of the mistakes you are. Believe me i wanted to throw mine and smash it to.
    As far as an ESB Bucket Look on Ebay I saw one fiberglass bucket for $200. I'll try to find the link

SA gloves:

he said the XL and XXL gloves are being made now, and if they look ok, he will rush order the Large size next.

still think we're lookin at a couple more weeks at least.

no word from porty on the new FG rots armor since last email sayin he thinks he got all the parts to finish it.

time? your guess. i hope soon, as i need to get it so i can set my chest box on the lucas suit. and get my speaker rig setup too.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Tet, have you heard about the new glue that is used on welded panels?

Supposedly you can use this stuff to mount, say, a Q. P. but you can weld through it! It has very little bonding strength so it doesn't interfere with the factory structural strength requirements (being too strong). It's like the next generation of Weld Through Primer.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21
    Tet, have you heard about the new glue that is used on welded panels?

Supposedly you can use this stuff to mount, say, a Q. P. but you can weld through it! It has very little bonding strength so it doesn't interfere with the factory structural strength requirements (being too strong). It's like the next generation of Weld Through Primer.
    I have heard but not seen. I believe it is a 3m or Fuser product but we are in need of a 3m rep and have no Fusor rep so we are a little slow on the new tech at the moment

We could use an appraiser like you down here. Some of the companies down here want the appraisers to be unknowledgable so they can only read off of the company menu(mainly prog...e). So I am constantly explaining repair techniques and ICAR recomendations.Supplements double the original estimate.

wel im not sure, but tulsa just might have a trek con afterall. i went to the starbase 21 site from tulsa, and it says trek con 2007 info coming soon.

if they do have one, i might go one day, and i hope my vader stuff will be ready. if porty dont get me a armor, i will have to go in the old rubies suit, and sweat my butt off again, at least for that day.

im not screwing up the leather suit by usin the rubiea armor to set the cuts for the straps, i will wait for the FG armor to cut those straps.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Quote Originally Posted by tetmatek
    We could use an appraiser like you down here. Some of the companies down here want the appraisers to be unknowledgable so they can only read off of the company menu(mainly prog...e). So I am constantly explaining repair techniques and ICAR recomendations.Supplements double the original estimate.

lol

That means you can take them for a ride!

I'm not an appraiser anymore, I teach. But being on the Dark Side for so long I can understand how estimates can get doubled so easily. Depending on who works on the car or even if the car gets repaired at all, an estimate can be tripled.

Around here they don't give anything away. You have to ask for it. I got yelled at for giving blend panels on street-side Q.P. jobs on brand new high-end vehicles. At first I was like, WTF?!, but after 3-4 of these cars getting "Fixed" without the new Q.P. and no blends and not a single R&I, then I could see where they were coming from. I still may not agree, but I could see their point.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Just a note to -ti-el_terall

just because your Vader suit is in the "under construction" phase, doesn't mean you can't use you sig bro.
    You reached a plateau, your not bumped out because of hardships here in the Brotherhood my man!

Mine has been back in that phase for months, I hope to complete the re-painting in a couple weeks.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

Wolverine, I sent you a PM.
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Right back at ya Bro.
    Sorry to hear that. Think about it.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison