Page 337 of 397 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3968

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

nope, didnt read it. im not that big of a reader person, when it comes to novels and such like that.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

well porty got back, and said he thinks he got all the stuff he needs to finish up the armor.

he said soon as he does, he will send me pics. for me to critique. and see if anything needs changing.

if anything needs changin i am to let him knkow, and he will fix it. he told me he will not make the run on the armor till i give a thumbs up on it.

so when i get the pics, i will post them here, on TFN, and also SLD and anyone then can look them over, let me know in the threads, what opinions are, any changes that it might need, and then after a couple days i can look over the responses, and get a consesus of it, and report back to porty.

im hopin its good to go as it is the first time. from what i seen of the progress pics, i think the main thing we will have to look for is the hooks and chain placement on the armor. and yes, i sent the pic wolverine posted here on a rubies where it is and where it should be on it.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Thanks LAN

Here's the latest (Snail-like) progress on the Northglass LID, and as promised the pics for the reworked dome bolt

The mask is finished, although sitting around in a covered box at work so the paint can cure, it's dusty, it's about time to clean it, and polish it up.

Some shots of the mask, with the heavily wet sanded, and primed dome.

sorry about the blurriness, as we all know here black only photographs well in daylight.

Here's the work I did repositioning the bolt, and nut (key) inside the dome.

I used a 5/8 socket to break the nut, and bolt from the fiberglass, by cranking it. Once removed, I used a 1 inch diameter drill bit, and drill out the center where the bolt was "glassed" in. I filled the hole almost to the top, with activated fiberglass resin, and with the bolt, and nut in place (upside down), then fit the mask in place, centering it properly till the fiberglass dried.

Inside the mask (LAN & TET) you may want to take a close look at how thin the walls are around the key nut, one good breeze can crack the dome off the mask, so you may want to strengthen the walls around it with some fiberglass also.

I did this by wrapping the bolt, and key nut in waxpaper, placing the mask on the upsidedown dome, and pour activated fiberglass resin around the walls till it reached the top, thus strengthening the walls, and the top of the mask.

Oh, and I got a new "trooping" transportation box just for my lid

heavy duty protection!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

did yours come with the cone shaped piece for the dome attachment?

mine is set up, like your was, but before you attached the nut on the bolt to snug down for attachment, i have a cone shaped part that slips over the bolt, which the wider end of the cone rests against the underside of the mask fitting over the hex shape in the mask, from the key alignment.

then place nut on and snug down.

i still could with that cone in place pour a lil resin to build it up i guess, but in my case, it would just really build the sides out a bit so it wasnt as thin in that spot, as you showed.

that cone piece, fits snugly over that hex shape in the mask, so i dont think thered be much room under it to really do any good on building it up.

i guess i can drag out the damaged mask, as both are meade the same way, and take some shots of what i am talkin about, if anyone wishes.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Sith Lord

lol wolverine, i love the carring case. no more chipping in transportation.

now just get a box for the rest of the armor and you're set
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Ryma Mara

YEah then people would look at him like hes pushing around band equipment, lol.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    lol wolverine, i love the carring case. no more chipping in transportation.

now just get a box for the rest of the armor and you're set

I already got that before I got the one for the helmet
    Infact all of the costume is already packed nicely into it.

LINKY= :http://www.containerstore.com/browse...0&PRODID=62806

Got the helmet container at the same place

Linky = http://www.containerstore.com/browse...0&PRODID=59726

The gear container has a handle on one side, and wheels on the other. So you lift, one end, and wheel it around

I'll put casters, and a handle on the LID container, pad up the inside, and I could drop it off a building, and not chip the lid then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryma Mara
    YEah then people would look at him like hes pushing around band equipment, lol.
    Yeah, I have all that too, I was in bands for 20 years...Loads of flight cases and gear bags

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312

yeah, after i get the new armor, i wil have to relook at my container for transport too.

see just what room i really need. i might still use the tote i have now, its bigger than the one your using, but drawback is no wheels, ya have to carry it.

i do need to see about a nice container like you got for the lid.

how do you place yours inside the box? all together bolted up, or seperately, with padding?

i remember seeing nice containers like that at a army surplus store here in tulsa. i will have to check into that again. the first time i was looking, i was looking for a trunk big enough like vaderpainters is, to store the lid on one end like he does. but i have yet, short of custom making one through georgia case company to find one.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

WHOAH!!!

I need to get up to speed.

LAN Gongrats on the new addition.

Wolverine I am going to address the mount an my bucket as well. I keep having to retighten it all the frackin time. I am going with somthing like My ESB Helmet has. Use three bolts in triangle pattern with one slightly off line for a one-way fit.

I have to finish my chestbox and attach my shoulder bells and I am have my ESB version complete. Alittle off schedule but the emporer is cool with it. LOL

I have been painting a ton of stuff and building sabers for the Garrison members and freinds. Not to mention James3 Dengar is accepted and he is an official 501st member.

finally getting a routine worked out so i can get back home here more.

Take notice I'm BACK

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Nice to have ya back home TET!

You've got a little reading to do huh?

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312