Page 393 of 397 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 3968

Thread: The Brotherhood of the Sith-Darth Vader Costume

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Awesome job man! With all the makeup on you can't even tell that it is two layers. That is some pro work
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Thanks brothers! Actually, the make-up was done kinda hastily because we were running out of time before a troop. A faulty airbrush hose delayed us for about 45 minutes. Still, the stencil really helped out and saved a TON of time. I've seen some Mauls take up to 4 hours to apply the make-up by hand.

I would like to convert my saber to a luxeon but I can't find the DIY kits anywhere. The only option I've seen is Ultrasabers but they want me to mail my sabers to them so they can do the conversion. Are there any other options out there?

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"

Bill Lane
    SL-4821
    501st Legion, Carolina Garrison

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Wow. Under my nose the whole time. What's the best size thumb screw to use with the stock blade? Also, I am shopping the reflective discs for the end of the saber to eliminate the bulb effect. Is the stock blade considered thick or thin walled? Thanks for the help Maul!

Bill Lane
    SL-4821

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You can't reuse the stock blades on the Maul, unless you sand then a TON. The Maul has blades that are way bigger than 1" OD for some reason.

Great! Thanks for the info. I assume the TCSS 1" Battle Blade is the way to go? What length should I get? I also see the 8-32 thumbscrew is best but what length of screw should I get for the Maul hilt.

Sorry for all the questions but this is all I need and I appreciate the help!

Bill Lane
    SL-4821

Council Member
    Sith Lord

If you intend to duel with the saber a ton, then go with the battle blade. The thin walled show blade will be fine for light sparring and is brighter.

For the thumbscrew, it depends on where you put it. I would just get the longest one and then you can cut it down with a dremel if need be.

Default RayVader

I have a thread for my costume but I'll post here as well. Here are the pictures of my Darth Vader Costume with A LOT of modifications. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ad.php?t=10392

Quick break down:
    Helmet= Modified Rubies Supreme-repainted with added Voice Amplifier new interior foam.
    Vader Cape Set--Ebay.
    Armor= Fiberglass Vader Chest and Shin Armor- ebay - repainted.
    Chest box= Rubies Supreme modified to blink correctly (3 Bit Binary Circuit) and for ESB version, originally it blinks too fast.
    Lined Suit= Rubies Supreme, modified to raise arms as high as I want. originally made with quit some restriction with raising the arms above the shoulder line.
    Boots= Modified motorcycle boots-eBay. I bought zip up boots with buckles and just cut off the buckles (cheapest way I found).
    Cod piece= Ebay.
    Belt and boxes= Homemade entirely. Walmart Leather Belt. Boxes are the cheap black knife display boxes with painted nylon thumbscrews (Home Depot) Screen metal mesh material is from a cars air filter element and painted white. The boxes were wired from scratch (Radio Shack).
    Vader's Lung= Modifed Rubies Vader Lung (it is way too fast, just change out the resistor on the circuit card--experiment with different ohms).

That's pretty much it. If you need details about anything just post a reply and I'll try my best.
    Last edited by RayVader; 03-15-2010 at 08:27 PM.

looks pretty good, one question: is it just the armor not sitting low nuff in front due to cape weight, or is the chestbox mounted just a lil low?

kinda looks like chestbox might be just a tad too low, the stock rubies bodysuit has the chestbox strap holes too low, i had to remake new slots in suit and raise mine, back when i started, with the rubbies sauna suit, lol

if its the cape, then you might have to doi wat i did with my rubbies armor, attach a strap system to keep the armor pulled down in front, or like a couple others guys have done use velcro under front and on suit to help in keepin it down and in place.

other than that, minor lil thing, looks good.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Awesome Job on Maul Seduced, really nice!

Are you submitting for a second SL? if not you should!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison