Thread: saber technology improvements

Default saber technology improvements

We all have seen the toy sabers that use laser pointers instead of leds. I have thought of a possible way to improve on this existing product. What if you take a fiber optic tube placed inside the PC blade that has one way mirror caps on the ends so that the laser light is trapped inside the tube and travels back and forth between the two mirrors causing it to develop great intensity as well as added safety for the eyes with the light being unable to escape the fiber optic tube. I also have thought of a way to improve upon plasma gas type sabers the only down side to these sabers is that there blades look like crap and break when you dual with them if these problems are fixed they have a great potential for improved brightness and realism especially whith it's ability to slowly extend the blade. My theory instead of using those unsightly clear rubber spacers to protect the glass tube what if we use a clear high viscosity fluid like mineral oil to give it's shock absorbtion heck it's the same technology that protects a brain inside a skull. I think you would want to use a 1 inch PC blade with a skinnier plasma tube if possible to give plenty of protection via the high viscosity fluid.
    "The Force is my Ally"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Or you can simply slide over a diffuser tube on the "neon" tube. It's been done and a lot more feasible than fabricating a water tight PolyC tube.

K.I.S.S. :P
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Good thought,
    But aligning the mirrors for that would be a nightmare.

MC