Does anyone have any thinking, resources, or experiments regarding saber tips?

After using all kinds of tips over the last few years, I have found that *ALL* current tips WILL come off your saber blade, given the right amount of force and the right amount of hits. Only a matter of time.

So far, there are polycarbonate tips (Ultra) and acrylic ones (TCSS) EDIT: WRONG! I SHOULD SAY TIM SELLS POLY-CARB ONES! SORRY!, and some have been flat half-domes, while others have gravitated toward "shouldered".

Ultimately, I think there are two main reasons why these things fly off:

1. They are HARD, solid materials and do not flex, while the poly tube is hollow, and actually flexible (despite its toughness).
2. Not many glue types are flexible enough to handle the stress the tips will go through.

I have suggested silicone, vinyl or rubber-based tips, but I haven't been able to find any kind of solution that is already pre-made. I have even tried cannibalizing "super balls", sort of already knowing it wouldn't work... but wanted to see. Well, it did not. At least I confirmed it!

Also, I've bought some products that might be possibilities, but they really aren't ideal. However, given the materials I've seen--it is entirely possible to do what I'm thinking.

The final idea I've hoped to get thinking on is some kind of SCREW-ON tip... but I do not know how practical/possible that would be with polycarbonate. But... it certainly wouldn't fly off, now would it? However... I've no idea if that would cause more cracking up near the tip. I believe we would actually NOT want to do this (surprising as it may seem), since it would allow no flexibility to the poly-c up near the tip. Anyhow.

SO... I open it up to the folks on TCSS. What say you? Any tangible ideas, fairly scientific thoughts, or experiments?

Again, the idea behind this thread is to start producing some RESULTS for saber tips that just don't fly off.