Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheesy toy saber question

Default Cheesy toy saber question

hey i found a dooku toy saber (the cheap extenda one with sound).
    I want to smash that into my MPP Vader, I am running it with TCSS basic electronics package red..it looks great!

(I know im talking about a dooku sound with a vader hilt, but its better than no sound!)
    now how do i wire that sound board from the toy in to that?
    ive searched, but found nothing specific.

A wiring diagram would be amazing, or some basic directions...
    i dont care about the led flashing or anything, it would be neat, but not essential...

cheers,

Well first you could look in the cutaway veiws and wiring forum. More specifically this thread http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...opic.php?t=389

It contains wiring info for a hasbro sound unit. Theres loads of info about wiring up leds and various sound units. Just search through the appropriate forums. The sound forum would be another good place to look.
    Phil Higgins

I'm sure someone will be able to find something out there, or show what they wired up, but you might want to:

1. Post a photo of the toy's "box" (if you have it)
    2. Type out the "name" of the thing as it is listed online or in stores or whatever
    3. Post a photo of the electronic guts (if you gutted it at this point)

That way, if no one out there has done it yet, people with know-how can literally observe the parts on the board, and get an idea of what it is doing and what it is not.

Simply enough, when you are wiring a Luxeon to any "lightsaber" product--changing the LED itself doesn't have much difference on the product... it will never "know"... the only thing that can be worrisome is how much current you're trying to feed it.

Most hasbro boards are naturally not "high-powered" and thus are not built to handle... say... 9v or whatever! Not even 6v, really.

So, it's possible the toy will range from "wanting" 3v to 4v, maybe even 5.

But... photos would help!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

hey thanks alot for the info everyone, i guess i looked in every forum except cutouts....but still i dont see a dooku specific diag

hey, ill post some pics soon if anyones around, cheers

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I've probably said it a dozen times...

If it has two seperate LED leads... use those.

If it has a single "lamp" wire use that for the positive then get the negative straight from the battery.

There's hardly a reason to make a "diagram" for every board when they all follow the same format.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

true if you understand this ...some dont dude.
    basically i can get the hasbro working but with 2 switches which is not cool...

there is a switch build right in to the hasbro board and I am not sure how to by pass it...

here are pics, bad quality though:

[img]
    http://www.generalfindings.com/12.jpg
    [/img]
    [img]
    http://www.generalfindings.com/13.jpg
    [/img]

Council Member
    Sith Lord

why would you need two switches?

all you do is take the "lamp" wires and solder them onto the led. then hook up batteries to the "battery" or "power" and you're good to go. If there isn't a label for the battery lines, just use the two that are left.

two wires are for speaker, two for shock sensor, so the last two must be for the battery

as for the switch, i think i know what you do...

take off the rubber thing on it. you will see two sets of copper trace forks. take a momentary pushbutton (like the ones sold here) and solder one lead to each set of forks.

and, please refrain from swearing
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm telling you there is nothing to "understand", it's simple observation of what the board has.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

yeap thats it, i didnt know how to get the push button switch on it cheers