Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Crystal Color Meanings

In the NJO era Luke allowed even 'orthodox' Jedi to use red crystals or any colour they choose, partly because the Empire had destroyed many sources of natural blue or green saber crystals and red synthetic crystals were easier to create than other colours. So if if YOU want a red saber go for it...afterall even in the KOTOR era where the colours had well defined meanings the PC could freely replace his saber crystal with one of any colour after the initial Padawan saber construction and there was no 'penalty' for doing so with a 'Sith' red crystal if thats what [s]he wanted...the Guardian Blue, Consular Green, Sentinel Yellow and Sith Red colours were just Tradition not 'law'.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 07-04-2010 at 12:35 PM.

I seem to recall in one of the EU books, Luke made a lightsaber for Leia and it had a red blade.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Leaving it up to preference is certainly ok. I often let the saber decide the color. Often times when I finish a saber a certain color will work with it better over others.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Jedi Loree and I agree i believe when i say that KotOR pretty much sums it up

Yes I agree. If you want to use something that is EU cannon use KOTOR.

Board Lurker
    Henderson, NV (Vegas' forgotten abused sibling...)

Well Xoul train mentioned this earlier and everyone jumped on his case about it...not sure why...but i'll reiterate it...without source material quotes...

the color of a lightsaber is COMPLETELY dependent on what crystals are chosen/made when fabricating a lightsaber. I remember reading this in MANY books and seeing it in the animated clone wars episodes...so bash as you may about what people "already know."
    No one gave voice to it until Xoul said something...and when reading through the posts was relieved to see that someone actually did remember that fact... good job xoul!!!
    Last edited by HaloJDawg; 07-12-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Cardcollecter was right on a few posts back. Colors have effects on our subconscious, and can cause an emotional response. I don't really buy into the whole KOTOR theory (probably isn't canon anyhow)
    Red: Stimulates and excites. Can trigger reckless or aggressive behavior. (sounds like sith philosophy to me)
    Orange:Like red, orange stimulates, but to a lesser degree. The happiness of yellow dilutes the aggression of the red.
    Yellow: cheerful, and improves mental clarity, learning, and memory. I'd bet the Jedi librarian had a yellow saber.
    Green, cyan, blue, brown: Peaceful colors of nature. Calming and introspective.
    Purple: A color of the metaphysical. Can increase intuition, and calms the mind. (sounds very Jedi-like to me)
    Pink: an emotional balancer
    White: purity, unstained. Contains all colors, so could be an expression of oneness.
    Black: death and darkness. Can be a depressing color.
    If you want to dig a little deeper into color psychology, check out this site: http://www.therapycolor.com/ or you could just google 'color therapy'

wow-really what a silly thread!! just a big argument! im right-no im right!! silly, silly, silly! i think some here need to just google therapy and get some!!!

Blog Entries

Colors have been used by Jedi out of both necessity and preference. Certain classes have predispositions to certain colors... It's correlation not causation. A sentinel can use a blue blade, and a guardian can use a green one. Red was seldom used after the Sith started using red lightsabers exclusively, after that war red blades left a bad memory for many Jedi... Much like the swastika is an offensive symbol to many today.

Jedi would spend weeks constructing their lightsaber, often in a meditative trance. Their crystal would choose them, so sometimes the color wasn't important as much as the crystal itself. It's really an interesting thing.
    However that was not the question in the OP the question was what do the colors mean to you personally. If the canon definition of the colors is what makes you happy then great, if not then fine.
    What was meant to be a friendly discussion it turned into a huge argument with a lot of personal attacks.
    Maybe we can learn how to disagree without being disagreeable.

In the interest of ending this 8 page threadjack I'll tell you what the colors mean to me.

Red is fiery, a symbol of bloodshed, aggression, anger, rage. The urge to act.

Blue is honor, valor, bravery, protective. The will to act.

Green is vitality, healing, rejuvenation, The wisdom to act.

Yellow is silent, rarely seen, distinct, discretion in action.

Purple is glory, flair, power, unbridled. Enjoying action.

This is simply what the colors mean to me, but I also hold true to the canon definition of the colors because they are lore, and if we don't adhere to lore what kind of Star Wars fans are we?

thank you mr kane! actual, factual, works for me! at least theirs a small group that get it, and i mean a small group.