Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Crystal Color Meanings

I don't want to be rude Tassadar, but your sig is like 700 pixels too tall.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Yeah, Luke's was originally supposed to be blue; it's not like green is the "Master" color that many believe it to be. As far as I can tell, it's all personal preference. Obi-Wan and Anakin both purposefully made theirs blue, and Mace went far out of his way to get a purple crystal. Actually, Luke's green saber color was (I think, according to Shadows of the Empire) an accident, since he really didn't know which color it would be. It's like "Oh, it's green. Oh well; whatever."
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

You're right NW.
    Forgot to mention that part.
    As you can see from NW's pic, the blue blade looks kinda lame infront of a blue sky.

He did stick with green during the hive war, even when he lost his original saber, his spare one he stores in pieces inside R2 was virtually identical.
    Once he got it back, he switched back to his old hilt.

Not the biggest fan of the KOTOR theory, since it doesn't explain purple, white, orange or bronze sabers.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

the kotor theory sucks, I was a Jedi Watchman who could've kicked any weapon master's butt any day of the week i'd have made you look like chamillionaire. I had a Cyan double-sided lightsaber. Master flurry and the Juyo form for 3 moves then makashi for 2, ataru for the rest of the battle and well, yeah. I don't want my lightsaber color assigned to me by class. although Jedi Gangsta's and thugs should mos def. have purple lightsabers, fo' shizzle. "YES I THINK THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!"

My personal preference is probably viridian, but a little bit more on the greener side it'd still be very different from solid green. The Gray Side Master for my movie is going to be using a double-sided lightsaber that has one end orange and one end blue.

Super Bowl XLII Champs.

Hmmm.... Viridian.....
    I forgot about that one.

Jacen, no offense mate, but there's a couple of French peeps on here.
    I'm sure you don't mean to offend, but any chance you can change it?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, that's a pretty insulting signature you've got there. Have a little respect for other cultures, even if that was supposed to be in jest.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jacen, our best lightsaber board is made in France. Are you sure you want to insult all Frenchmen?

You're lucky the mods haven't banned you yet for posting insultive material in your sig... you gave them that right during the creation of your useraccount.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar
    I like the KoToR theory, mostly as I see myself as more of a lightsaber wielder than a force user, and my favorite color just happens to be blue.
    Hey Tassadar, what Clan is affiliated with that kilt you are wearing? I'm Clan Muir myself. The tartan is very similar to the California Tartan.
    Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

I am a fan of the KOTOR color system. As far as the unmentioned colors, you can use what you learn in kindergarten to fill the gaps.

They provide:
    Yellow: The wise men. Boils down to a thinker, not a fighter.
    Blue: The warriors.
    Green: Smart warriors (blue and yellow make green).
    Red: Sith.

Now we use their ideas with what we know of color.

Purple (Red and Blue): The jedi with "Bad Motha F" on his saber.
    Orange (Yellow and Red): The smart sith.
    White: No agenda

I use this equation in my character ideas. I assign their attributes a color then mix them together and there is the blade color. Play around with this, it's a fun experiment.

Dang! That is the first KOTOR style thing that is pretty good if you follow up with it.

I know this has been done more then a few times but the search just isn't worth a crack in MISC now. I still say, pick a color, pick em all be happy and no worries.

Where did the eye color come in to play?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"