Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Crystal Color Meanings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lightsaber Crystal Color Meanings

Yes, we all know red crystals are synthed, but what about green and blue. I know KOTOR did it's own little theory about blue being for fighters, and green being for jedi geared towards using the force, but what is your opinion?
    I always have a hard time choosing which is my favorite color. Purple is the color of my favorite character's blade (anakin solo), blue looks the best with me (blue eyes, paler skin), but the first star wars movie I ever saw was rotj when i was 3, and when Luke's lightsaber flew out of R2 and into lukes hand, and the saber lit up, it was the most thrilling experience I had ever had. To this day, this is why I usually choose green over the rest.

It seems that the main heroes in star wars usually have blue blades. Anakin and obiwan did, and so did luke (and he was supposed to have one in ROTJ). Later on, BEN Skywalker has a blue blade and we know he's going to be powerful, and so does Cade Skywalker's father, which Cade takes for himself years later.

The jedi i know that started and have always used a green crystal seem to be hippie jedi. Quigon was quite the jedi hippie, not following the rules. Yoda seemed like he smoked a bong inbetween scenes in episode I, and Jacen Solo used to be the biggest jedihippie around until recently (but his blade color will change).

haha. props to people who read this whole thing.

interesting about the jedi hippy theory... haha

The only reason Luke's ROTJ blade was changed from blue to green was the contrast of green vs. the blue sky on the Jabba barge scene.

No joke.

Sometimes... visual aesthetic means more than anything else in film.

Which is why I am basically dedicating myself to live performance of LED sabers/jedi/sith stuff. I want to see what is possible and what is not in a live environment.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Well, I say be greedy & get each colour!
    I have Blue & White in my colletion at the mo, with Orange, Green & Red awaiting construction once I get time & my order arrives.

I personally like Blue or Yellow.

Check out the extras on the OT DVD release (original version, like 2yrs ago) it has the teaser trailer for 'Revenge of the Jedi' (before they changed to title to Return) with luke on the sail barge with a blue saber.

Not sure if subsequent releases have the same teaser as a bonus feature.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

well green blades represent consular jedi...of course yoda was and qui-gon was kind of one seeing that he taught obi-wan. jedi hippies....lol.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The "meaning" of blade colors comes from the KoToR games though. They weren't thinking about it for the movies.

If you go back to the movies and the colors seem to fit the characters, then cool.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by chase
    well green blades represent consular jedi...of course yoda was and qui-gon was kind of one seeing that he taught obi-wan. jedi hippies....lol.
    Of course, that was EU invention to "give sense" to a SW fact...

[edit]Oh, I see J-Lo beat me to it. Kudos J-Lo.[/edit]
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

gearing up for My Chemical Romance on July 19th!!!

and then you have people like me, I have non-pigmented eyes, so basically they change color. I'm probably going to be using a pale blue/green lightsaber because i'm using color discs with the white LED. I don't mind if the color isn't too good.
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

Back when the EU books first started, there was no definition for colour.
    That's how Lowbacca has a bronze saber, Leia had red, Anakin had purple etc.

Kotor just tried to 'make sense' of the colours.
    I'm indifferent to it all really, so long as Jedi don't have red, i'm not too fussed.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I like the KoToR theory, mostly as I see myself as more of a lightsaber wielder than a force user, and my favorite color just happens to be blue.