Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Crystal Color Meanings

Quote Originally Posted by Charmaynard View Post
    Wasn't the very first lightsaber in ANH a white blade?

Luke's blade in ANH was:

White Blue, Cyan and Royal blue depending on the shot. (It was even green in one shot.)

I think it was supposed to be blue, but with the difficulties they had with lighting, it became a veritable rainbow. You gotta love old time special effects.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

It was supposed to be a light blue, though not as light as cyan.

As Fender said, it varied.

Also, Exar Kun never had a red saber. It was pale blue, both before and after he modified it with the second emitter.

Also, his saber is used in KOTOR #49 by Jarael (though I prefer the original design of it as opposed to the 'canon' design)
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Talking All you need to know about how to get Silver lightsaber/s

Quote Originally Posted by Iria View Post
    Where are these white/silver sabers that people keep talking about?

There are a few way to get a silver lightsaber crystal in Kotor II, however, there arn't any silver crystals in Kotor I.

1. When Atton asks you about your lightsaber tell him you had a double bladed red lightsaber. This will give you dark side points though. when you arrive at Telos IV go to the entertainment district and look for a Duros merchant, go around the corner and you will find his brother. one of the two should have a silver crystal and you just need to but it.

2. When Atton asks you about your lightsaber tell him you had a silver lightsaber (single or double blade doesn't matter). when you visit the Jedi accadamy on Telos you will be approched by Atris and she will have your lightsaber. you can ask for it back Note: you need to have poured skill and stat points into persuade and charisma and also try and use light side conversation options.

3. on Korriban you will recieve a vision from Kreia telling you not to loot the corpses, however LOOT THE CORPSES!!! there is usually a silver crystal in one of the corpses and if not you gennerally get some pretty good stuff. Note: when you loot the corpses you will be attacked by Hssiss.

4. Kill Sion... (multiple times) usually drops a silver crystal and there is a workbench past Sion. so instead of fighting Kreia immediately after Sion explore the accademy.

BTW this is pretty kool... theres a duplicating glitch in Kotor II... but only with your character being male... Spar against handmaiden Brianna but put your armour and weapons that you wish to be coppied on her. this will break the normal sparing rules and result in a fight to the death. KILL HER and then go out side the Ebon Hawk and back in again handmaiden will be alive and wearing the equipment. you should also have the equipment in your inventory.

Also you can make all the character in Kotor II a jedi apart from the droids and Madalore. just need a high enough charisma and pick the right conversations.

Oh and few more points... had 2 silver lightsabers with awesome crystals... ended up doing 65-120 (aprox) and 55- 100 with short lightsaber. Dont mean to bragg but thats the way the cookie crumbles...

OH last thing ... to anyone that read this far THANKS!!!

It's been a belief in my family, that in the days before synth crystals, jedi didn't necessarily have any control over the colors at all, and their particular flavor and affinity with the force attracted different colors. This would help to explain why certain styles of jedi I are represented by certain colors, but there are always exceptions.

on another note:
    Quote Originally Posted by thejedilestat View Post
    the white blade is in KOTOR II i cant rember how you get it but some one will ask you about your old saber and at one point you will discribe the blade... you will pick the description ...

my blade was silver like the the room of a thousand fountans

or something like that i still have the game but it wont play in my xbox 360
    Both kotor games are now patched for 360, but they have a lot of sound bugs.

I kind of like the idea presented in Green Lantern comics lately, of an emotional spectrum:
    Red: Rage & Hate
    Orange: Avarice and Greed
    Yellow: Fear
    Green: Willpower and the ability to overcome fear
    Blue: Hope
    Indigo: Compasion
    Violet: Love
    White: Life
    Black: Death

I think it kind of works, at least with the red and blue in the movies, and sort of the green too.
    Although with purple in Star Wars, it seems like its more Jedi with a touch of darkness (like Mace Windu who taps into the dark side a little for his fighting style)

I have always wanted to think of yellow and orange as dark side colors. Only having red for them kinda kills their variety. Red malevolent and power hungry, sheer hatred. Orange being one who finds enjoyment in combat, anger, and strife and the power it brings, but lacks ambition. Maybe Yellow being one of conquest and victory over one's enemies, not malevolent like red. One who sees his conquering as a good thing, bringing the world into the needed order of his leadership.

Blue, Cyan, and green are definitely Jedi. Cyan a gleam of hope to it, an optimist. White I had initially thought as jedi, but it is interesting to think of it as neutral. Given that white is the color of the Imperial Knights sabers that makes sense. Blue is a noble warrior, a man of benevolent service. I see Green as an unorthodox jedi, who has a broad view of the force.

I see purple as a passionate jedi, a fierce defender of the code. A charismatic man of conviction, but one who is subject to his passion. A fireball of truth.

Royal blue I see as a recluse. A jedi who has chosen a life of solitude.
    Last edited by vargose; 07-01-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    I see purple as a passionate jedi, a fierce defender of the code. A charismatic man of conviction, but one who is subject to his passion. A fireball of truth.
    I actually like Purple as a sith color. But not a magenta, a very deep blue indigo purple.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

As a sabersmith I find it somewhat restricting to assign a meaning to lightsaber colors. As such, I don't. As far as I'm concerned any color can be used by anybody for any reason. It's a color for Lucas' sake! The only meaning it has it what you choose to give it.
    Last edited by ARKM; 07-02-2010 at 03:09 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I hate that peole think that the cystals color means something. Blue is Guardian, Green is Consular, and Yellow is bla bla bla...

The colors mean NOTHING. Nothing at all. Like many have said before, the color is just a personal preference.

Not trying to be rude, but the whole idea that a color makes the Jedi a certain "Class" is just downright stupid.

Heck, my lightsaber color is red, but I prefer the lightside of the force. Doesn't make me evil, just my personal color.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whie I agree the LIghtsaber "color" doesn't dictate what the jedi is....

It has been shown in science experiments that different colors do cause different emotions.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...