Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Crystal Color Meanings

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think it was only KoToR 2 that had silver lightsaber blades. At least one of the characters I played in that game had one. But that was on my old computer, which died, and I don't have a screen shot of them.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I'm pretty sure that the Star Wars novels had silver-bladed sabers. If memory serves, Corran Horn got one in the end of X-Wing: The Krytos Trap. (published in 1996)
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

The Imperial Knights used white sabers.

And the method in KOTOR II to get the silver crystal is to complete the Dantooine arc, then head to the rodian merchant on Nar Shadaa. Once you run Bondar out of the system, the Rodian merchant will talk to you about expanding trade routes. You tell her about Dantooine, and she will then carry a silver lightsaber crystal.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

great now I want to play through the KOTOR games again...

aside from them corran horn carried one, which I think was his grandfather's, his grandfather, neja Halcyon carried one and I believe the use of silver sabers was associated with the halcyon line.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsaberwarrior View Post
    Still there are no black sabers in the movies or any game that I know of. .

Actually there is a black crystal in the force unleashed game which gives you a black blade.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Uh, did you notice that that post about black sabers (which should actually be blades) was from 2007? Before TFU was released?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop this in:

"The color of a lightsaber blade was defined by the focusing crystals used in its construction. The Jedi collected crystals of varying types from natural deposits, whereas the Sith made use of fabricated synth-crystals usually designed to be red. After the Great Jedi Purge, synth-crystals were also shaped and used by Jedi on occasion.
    Prior to the Seventh Battle of Ruusan, ancient Jedi wielded blades of every color and hue. Some ancient Jedi even wielded blades of red, although the Order usually avoided any colors that might associate them with the Sith. Red was also avoided since it was the most common representation of blood and violence. After the Ruusan conflict, however, Jedi turned to more common Adegan crystals of blue or green. Other colors still existed, but became extremely rare. Black lightsaber crystals were also known to exist.[17]
    In the era of the Jedi Civil War, the color of a Jedi's blade was a traditional symbol for the path the Jedi chose within the order, although a Jedi was not required to use a color that corresponded with their class. A green blade was the sign of the Jedi Consulars. Blue was the color associated with Jedi Guardians. Yellow was held for those among the Jedi Sentinels. For the purposes of the lightsaber's strength, these crystals functioned identically; color was the only variation.
    After the Great Jedi Purge, Emperor Palpatine razed many of the known crystal sites, making it more difficult to find crystals of any hue. After the rise of the New Jedi Order, however, the discovery of long-forgotten resources and the use of synth-crystals brought a variety of colors back to the Jedi's lightsabers."

"A Durindfire gem was key in adding a distinctive silver sheen to any lightsaber blade. This stone was traditionally used by the Jedi of the Halcyon/Horn family."

-copied from Wookieepedia-

xoul thanks for telling us something we already knew, and for thoes that dont know the force unleashed, not all versions have a black color crystal.

Colors and meanings is lame and IMO should not of been implimented.

And HOLY NECROPOST BATMAN!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

thanks for the buzzkill Hasid. I like info on lightsabers even if I've already read it, so I thought I'd share.

I'm always hesitant to post on this forum, because it seems every time the reaction isn't very welcoming. I've been here for a year and try not to post anything dumb , or annoying. Or fill up threads with garbage. I'm just frustrated that I can't seem to post anything without it getting a negative response.

Xoultrain, thanks for the info. It backs up my belief that lightsaber colors are meaningless to title or disposition. In other words they mean nothing. It's all about what color of crystal is available at the time you need to acquire one.

Now, if only people would stop believing that they can practice a fictional lightsaber form in real life with nothing but a few short written descriptions in some EU material to go on.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."