Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enough room?

Default Enough room?

Hi all,

This question is aimed at all you experienced saber builders...

Would there be enough room to install a decent battery pack to run both a K2 and Ultra's Sound in an MHS ribbed extension(v-grooved) and a double female extention piece, plus pommel?

The short answer is "yes".

The long answer is... it depends on many factors, including the size of your switch, the size of your "decent" battery setup, if you're going with rechargeables (and thus need a charge port), the size of your speaker, its location, if you want some "quick disconnect" points within the wiring, etc. etc.

~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Bearing in mind that we haven't actually SEEN an Ultrasound board yet the answer is:

Probably.

If you use li-ion.

And depending on which double female extension you mean (the really short plain one or the longer one with milled slots)

And which piece is going to be at the bottom (because the sound board really needs to go at the bottom)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

the ultraboard will be 1x2x 1/2 (think) inches

if you use li ions, it will probably work.

and novastar, you don't need a recharge port for it. it is easier, but in no way necessary
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Battery pack undecided, hence all suggestions welcome

Female section will be slotted version.

Bascially from what i've read, Ultras board will be 1-2 inches in length, not sure of other dimensions though.

Emitter - Ribbed - Milled Female - Pommel

Thanks for your input so far guys

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

it will be a tight fit but ya, my brother did somthing like that. I would go recharge port though becouse as he would change out batt he kept messin up the wires and breakin them.

BLUE 3- Ready

Ultra's board is 1" wide x2" long x 1/2"-3/4" tall. The only problem with rechargeables is that when they die, you're done playing with your saber until you a)replace with freshly charged batteries or b)recharge the saber. Personally, I'd go with option a. It'll make your wiring job a bit easier, and you can keep on using your saber while the other batteries are recharging. But that's my opinion, and since you are building your saber, it's up to you how you want to do it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul

and novastar, you don't need a recharge port for it. it is easier, but in no way necessary
    There is no point to using rechargeables without a recharge port.

But the topic is about having enough room. A recharge port doesn't take much room anyhow. Mine take about 1/4" of space.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul

There is no point to using rechargeables without a recharge port.

But the topic is about having enough room. A recharge port doesn't take much room anyhow. Mine take about 1/4" of space.
    Save money, space and wiring hassle? Plenty of reason for some.

On topic... I think it can be done. You are going to have to sacrifice runtime though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn
    Ultra's board is 1" wide x2" long x 1/2"-3/4" tall. The only problem with rechargeables is that when they die, you're done playing with your saber until you a)replace with freshly charged batteries or b)recharge the saber. Personally, I'd go with option a. It'll make your wiring job a bit easier, and you can keep on using your saber while the other batteries are recharging. But that's my opinion, and since you are building your saber, it's up to you how you want to do it.
    that's why you make 2

BLUE 3- Ready