Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Favorite Things about Star Wars

i love general grievous.ever since i saw him i was just melting he was so cool and i love his moves he is so agile especially in clone wars, he kicked but bigtime.i hate how he dies in rots, no effense to george lucas or anyone but i thoght it was kinda cheap being shot in the gut sack.[xx(]

Favorite elements of the Star Wars movies...hmmm, don't know if there is enough space here- O.K., here.s a reader's digest condensed version:
    Favorite characters- Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Darth Maul, Han Solo & Chewbacca, R2D2 & C3PO, Luke(ROTJ). (I wish Mr. Lucas had seen fit to flesh out other Jedi characters: Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Luminara Unduli & Ki Adi Mundi to name a few)
    Favorite weapon: The whole Lightsaber concept (the coolest weapon to EVER come down the pike!)
    Favorite action sequences(outside of saber fights): starfighter dogfights, podracing, the speederbike bit w/ Luke & Leia on ROTJ.

On to the dream lightsabers-
    If I can find a piece of walnut 2" x 2" X 12", I'm gonna kidnap my Father-in law's wood lathe and turn a wood hilt that I can adapt some MHS parts to(I can see my wife's expression now), I also plan to build a sink tube saber or 2 or 3 or....
    well, better stop now, or I'll never stop[xx(]

I really have a hard time picking just one character I've read every single book and several come to mind. I think Corran Horn is an awesome Jedi. I also have to agree that Anakin Solo is one of the coolest because of his similarity in view to Quigon Jinn. His faith in the force
    makes him more in tune than the average Jedi.

Join me, and together we will construct a new lightsaber.

I was wondering how to post my avatar....amazing thing that thread index. Woohoo

Join me, and together we will construct a new lightsaber.

Wookiees.

Darth Vader, no surprise there[}]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

I guess in my humble opinion, the thing about Ani being concieved by the phantom "force impregnagank" could have happened... Usually a particular siths "evilness" determines how twisted his creations...some sith just don't seem to care for life others like to twist. I think also that Yoda may have been doing everything he could have, where he should have been a bit more advanced then ls combat I think that the way the movies put it is just easier to digest, on the other hand I think that Yoda did concentrate on being a spactacular Lightsaberist and so that's what he sported when he wasn't out to just mindlessly incapacitate he whiped the whoopin rod of green illification out and put it down..if you didn't matter you made like one of the red guards as he walked in..I'd say that was about as Taoist as it get's...and as Jeedai/pimp as it gets. The only thing I'd change(from my perspective Sidious and Yoda were ok..Yoda more seasoned and about equally powerful) Yoda used superior tactic however Jeedai don't exercise "power" they are a bit more balanced than that too personally I think that Yoda should have just deafened Sidious to the force or blanked his memory(however if you read shatterpoint it clearly goes over that a basic Jeedai technique is to just cancel other force powers as their being used) so to me Yoda just made a command decision and figured rather than chance a fight on unfamiliar ground to wait till Palpatine was comfy and complacent and then use an unknown element to strike him out(Luke). My favorite Jeedai is by far Mace Windu, then probably Jacen Solo..I would advise you all to read a book called "Shatterpoint" if you haven't already....it makes Mace Windu so much more REAL and less PIMPIFIED as he is in the movies...

Now psycology dictates that most do better at a given task when they enjoy it...that said... It's a little dangerous for a Jeedai to "enjoy" a fight to the death(or possibly so) and this book explains in GREAT detail how Vaapad(maces own JKD if you will his own saber art-the completion of Juyo)and how it requires the combatant to ENJOY the fight to LIKE it and it challenges a Jeedai to understand the difference between loving what you do and loving the intention or the reason why...I would have to say I like Master Windu because he's got the "shatterpoint vision" ability and that he just keeps good tabs on what's up around him...he doesn't let the door smack him if you follow...

Now on to the subject of the fall of Ani/rise of Vader. I say this:

Anikin, regardless of the Tattoine jober where he can't let go of things, also he isn't given enough reason to trust the Jeedai that train him in the first place...the council sort of becomes the architect of it's own demise in that respect. If he had a good reason for trusting them he would have...if someone had played the confidant game like Sidious did just from the Jeedai side of the field he wouldn't have ever been so close to him. Also, I think that(as Sidious was a practitioner of battle meditation)probably did in addition to smacking down the "shroud of the darkside" on the general city area also cause increased anxiety in Ani and he'd have no clue where to see it come from, then of course someone can tell you that you should learn to let go of everything you love, but if you don't trust them you wouldn't give them the time of day. The shroud thing I think made Ani the most trouble..if the Jeedai couldn't peer into the future period muchless the future of an individual or know much by the way of farsight, then of course they wouldn't trust Ani. Soooooooo Sidious just hung Ani's life at the end of a chain and dangled it right and any man true to his word would do ANYTHING for his family..personally I would have just stayed home with my woman, and unborn child and let the world that didn't trust me go to hell in a handbasket but that's me lol.. Yea, so then he got the whole paranoia complex and couldn't trust anyone and now that he's killed those he was sheltered by(while up until Master Windu's death he didn't really infringe on any mandates just the marriage part..and it seemed to strengthen him in my opinion)he finally found acceptance with the Sith, and found that he got more power and the opportunity to make the galaxy EXACTLY how he wanted it, in his overstressed underpaid, overworked, lied to, untrusted, plotted against, made a tool of, disrestpected, untolerated, unwelcome position it was the best and ONLY choice..it was guaranteed and encouraged not mistrusted and discouraged.

sorry for the overlong post, here's my opinion lawl

Fear is the mindkiller