Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Things about Star Wars

I'd have to go with Anakin, but not Skywalker, Solo. I know things didn't turn out so well for him in the NJO series, but I still like him. (I won't give away what happened incase anyone is reading it)

I like him better as a wise old philosopher in ESB than as a drunk elderly Gremlin or as Kermit the Space Ninja. I think yoda should never have done anything violent in any of the movies. As a master of the force, he should have been beyond that. But Lucas loves his high-tech toy train set so much, he just had to make yoda into a weird little tough guy. The animation was incredible, especially in Ep3, but I think the character changed completely. I also think Frank Oz didn't do as good a job on the voice this time. He must have quit smoking or something, but the rough yoda voice sounds much more forced than it did in the 80s.

He just looked weird. I think the "drunk elderly gremlin" comment almost exactly mirrors what I was thinking about how he looked in Phantom. As far as the other comment about him being violent. What do you think Masters do? Convince the bad guys to all get together and make a giant fingerpainting? Masters are warriors, too. Yoda was forced to violence. Jedis are members of the government. The branch that exercises force, like policemen or soldiers, when need be. By the time of Luke, Yoda was even older and his best option was to lead from the shadows.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Cyambin

Scary?? How?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    What do you think Masters do? Convince the bad guys to all get together and make a giant fingerpainting?.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

... You mean they don't? Dammit, and I was looking to seeing the top half of Darth Maul doing a big rainbow in "Star Wars: Episode III and a Half: Lucas Needs More Money"

lol i like Kyp Durron in the story and macewindu in hte movies

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

In a universe where Darth Vader, the ultimate movie bad guy and archetype of evil, gets sentimental and just gives up and quits at the end, anything can happen! I didn't mean Yoda should be a pacifist, rather I think his style of combat should have been more meditative, more psychological (more Taoist!), and more subtle than a Tazmanian Devil with a lightsaber. Stormtroopers attacking Yoda should have suddenly turned their fire on each other, Count Dooku should have seen 100 yodas everywhere around him, growing to monstrous proportions and swallowing him alive in a twisted Force-fed hallucination driving him to suicide. The Ep3 battle between yoda and palpatine looked like a cat fight backstage at a drag show. why didn't they just pull each other's hair and give each other titty-twisters? while the emperor was throwing lightning, yoda should have been able to defend himself by slowing time or something classier, more mystical and less video-gamey than just doing the same thing back to him. That's just my opinion. i know most people think of Star Wars as just another action/adventure movie, but what sets it apart from LOTR and the Matrix etc. is the idea that the Force is greater than physical might. "Don't be so proud of this technological terror you have contructed. the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force." "Judge me by my size do you? And well you do not! for my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

in all, id have to my favorite was yoda. yeah, he shoulda done better against empee palpatine, but that dooku fight was really cool. only thing i see, is he's supposed to be one of the best of the best of the best, of the jedi order. if so, then all those guys he went against shoulda been no match for him. like said before, shoulda just waved his hand, and whooped palpy's butt with some kinda force power something or another. lol still, i thought they did a good job on the animation in 2 and 3 on him. in 1 it looked kinda crappy to me. to flakey lookin. they apparently noticed and did a better job in 2 and 3. if you compare all 3 together you'll see what i mean.

dbaxton9. You are a genius. Those ideas are the best ever. I totally agree with what you said and I think Lucas should have listened to you. The prequels would have been SO much better...

Domo Arigato Cyambinsan!
    Thanks for liking my ideas! I don't consider myself a genius, but I don't consider George one either. At least not anymore. I have tons of ideas about how the trilogy SHOULD have ended and about how the prequels SHOULD have been, but so what? Lucas says he will start prodction on the SW tv show in 2007 and he says he will shoot it on handycams. Maybe I can get my stuff on the screen then. If you want to discuss alternate Star Wars story ideas or fanfilms or anything else, email or IM me. I have 2 fanfilm scripts idling in preproduction and am considering story ideas for a third.
    to get back on topic:
    my favorite thing about Star Wars is how it introduced western culture to asian philosophy. I like OLD Obi wan and yoda. listen to the SW radio plays to hear these characters developed much more than they were in the movies.

"Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!