Thread: New Jedi Padawan saying hello! :)

Default New Jedi Padawan saying hello! :)

Hello Everyone,

I met Erik today from the RPF and he suggested that I join up and learn from everyone here. So, thanks to Erik for recommending this place and thanks for letting me join up.

About me, I am a Youth Minister and grad student in Arkansas and am married with children. I basically have two hobbies: The Blade Trilogy by David Goyer starring Wesley Snipes, and Star Wars. LOL

This whole thing started with me collecting screen used movie props from the Blade Trilogy. I looked into buying a screen used Star Wars lightsaber and the only one out there was 200,000$! haha So, I watched the DVD extras and found out that the Return of the Jedi Green Luke Lightsaber was machined from Aluminum originally.

So, like anyone, I researched like crazy and decided that I was going to buy a Metal Lathe and make my own! If Lucas Film can do it, so can I! haha Really though, I am not selling anything, just making some for me, my wife, and my Youth Group for fun. And probably a LOT for me.

I haven't decided to purchase one particular brand or model just yet. I am not rich, Youth Ministers dont make much money at all. But I was hoping to get just the right machine to make really high quality replicas of my Return of the Jedi Luke Lightsaber. And then I plan on making a TON of customs for my costumes. (My wife and I are making our own Jedi costumes for several Costume parties coming up this winter... I am Obi Wan of course!!!!)

What I am going to do first is really read all the Forum I can and learn from other peoples posts and questions before I ask any questions. I have found that almost ever single question has been answered somewhere. LOL

Anyway, everyone please say hello! And tell me if you started with NO experience with Lathes and now you make INCREDIBLE ROTJ Luke lightsabers! haha Hopefully, others have done what I am doing.

Thanks and God Bless!!!!!! May the Force be with you...... Thanks again for having me here. This place is great!

--------Chuck

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obi Wan Kenobi single handedly defeated in combat:

~ Darth Maul, Sith Lord
    ~ General Grevious, trained by a Sith Lord and weilded 4 (yes FOUR!!!!) Lightsabers at once!
    ~ Darth Vader, The Sith Lord

and you want to argue that Obi Wan is NOT the best Jedi EVER with a Lightsaber!!??!??

All I can say to you people who believe Obi Wan is not the best, is “WHATEVER!”

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Chuck.. Sorry your post kept getting blocked. The censors didnt like it when you put 200,000 for some reason.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hey Chuck,
    I was a Youth Pastor for 10 years. I had no experience on a lathe until I found a lathe at a friends farm and started restoring it.
    After a couple years I managed this...

MC

Hi Tim, thanks for having me man. This place is better than any kids toy store. Its like a Toy store for adults, only cooler and WE are the cool kids! hahaha

Hi there MC! Man, thanks so much for showing me what you made there. The Luke Skywalker Return of the Jedi Green lightsaber was always my favorite. That, and Obi Wan's Episode 1 and 2 Lightsaber. That was a beautiful one too. You did a SUPERB job my friend! Thanks for sharing.

I have really had a great time looking through all the photos on the Forum and seeing everyones replicas - and especially the Custom designed sabers. It is going to be a LOT of fun when I finally buy my metal Lathe and get started.

Thanks again guys! Great to be here! ------Chuckster
    Obi Wan Kenobi single handedly defeated in combat:

~ Darth Maul, Sith Lord
    ~ General Grevious, trained by a Sith Lord and weilded 4 (yes FOUR!!!!) Lightsabers at once!
    ~ Darth Vader, The Sith Lord

and you want to argue that Obi Wan is NOT the best Jedi EVER with a Lightsaber!!??!??

All I can say to you people who believe Obi Wan is not the best, is “WHATEVER!”

gearing up for My Chemical Romance on July 19th!!!

yup, movie used stuff can be really expensive, a friend of mine's dad has a huge star wars collection and has the lightsaber hilt used for Darth Vader from Episode V, I don't know what it's worth but it's definitely authentic because her dad got it from the guy who was in the vader suit for the movie. (actor's name slips my mind).

EDIT:
    besides that welcome to TCSS.
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

I have a friend that works for a costuming company.
    They had the honour of keeping Alec Guiness' robe from ANH in storage until it went to auction for £50K back in april.

Also, my old boss had three parts of the outfit(s) worn by Brandon Lee in the Crow.
    1x Jacket (from the burning-crow scene. Even smells of lighter fuel still)
    1x trousers (from knife fight with TinTin)
    1x l/s Tee (the first one he wears)

The thing is, it was bought for her by the Assistant Manager who fancied the pants off of her!! "It was either buy that for her, or get himself a new car" he said. Weirdo.

Constantine, his name was Dave Prowse.
    Oh, and Welcome!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Welcome to the CSS.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------