Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Jay-gon's Brass/MHS Saber (MR sound/Lux III)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What kind of switch is it? Meaning push, twist, etc... looks like a twist one for a lamp.

Yeah, I really need to finish this MHS tutorial I was making... The heatsink always changes where the blade holder fits. It has to be slightly thicker than the spot in between the threads otherwise it wouldn't clamp on it. Thus the last thing I always do is drill a blade holding screw last. If you don't it's usually like 30-45 degrees off when assembled.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Great! I take a couple of days holiday, and I miss all the exciting bits of a beauty like this coming to life!
    Great Job Jay!

I personally would of used a cyan lux, but not sure why..... Still looks great though!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Looking very nice indeed. I would hazard a guess that it is a push on/off switch that has reverse sensativity to the ones tim sells here. Push almost all the way on for Tim's to get them to turn on and a light touch starts the connection on yours, am i right Jay?
    FSM What's on your belt?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

very nice there jay gon!

on the last pic, one of your swiss cheese holes is showing green
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

its a rotary for lamp replacment type.its got th flat spot in the rod.

at least it looks that way on my pc but then again I dont have the greatest moniter in the world.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

The switch is a push-on/off switch that has a soft spring in it. You have to push it all the way down to turn it on or off, so if you bump it, there's no problem with it turning the saber off momentarily, and making it flash or re-ignite!

And yup, X-wing, I did have a heatsink installed in the saber when I originally drilled the holes for mounting the shroud and then for the set screw. It's what Iget for eye-balling it, I guess. I used an older blank one without the led mounted, and when I installed one with an led, things didn't line up. I don't think the heatsinks from the last run are all the exact same thickness as previous ones. I can't check, either, because I left my calipers at home. Everything should line up fine when quick-changing from a blue led to a green, but it didn't. It's not a big deal, really, I'd rather just use the green led anyway. Hopefully, my next one will turn out a bit better.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yeah one heatsink musta been a hair thicker than the other.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

That's one sharp looking lightsaber.

Randy

Unless you go to Lows (however you spell it) I wouldn't give $0.20 for the hardware stores around here.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.