Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Darth Nihilus hilt

I dont know about purple. Ive never managed to get one of the swatch books from Lee in the UK, tried several times now. Thats one reason I wanted the book so I could find suitable ones then order in the proper sheet in larger sizes with the nice ones.

As for the brightness its exactly the same using a single disc as to doing the whole blade. The effect is identical between them. So whatever brightness loss you get with a disc you will get with the big sheet too. Thats one reason I now use P4's or Cree's for all my white blades. Best balance for size and power currently.

The red gel with a red led doesnt lose much either, not a visible difference anyway, maybe 3-4%, minimal really.

Im still trying to find a supplier of a decent blue and green as the shades I have seen available are a bit on the darker end of the spectrum as thats what is normally used in theatres etc.

The yellow is cool though
    Phil Higgins

Hm. Sounds cool, being able to switch colors with blades kinda like EL, but with LED brightness and the ability to see the colors even in daylight.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Ok so what i thought was true,you can turn it on and use it at night just like your normal night blade,well it is your normal night blade.
    And its lee filters,well that makes it much easier for me to get.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

I had no problem getting one next day from them... Weird.

I hear Magenta 327 works quite well, though using just the filter ruins the coring effect from the pics i've seen!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?