Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Nihilus hilt

Default Darth Nihilus hilt

As it seems I am now set on doing a Darth Nihilus costume, I figured I had
    best do up at least a hilt to match. (I may or may not wire it up my Red Orange 3W)

The reference pic (as limited as it is) can be found in my album here:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&id=583805285

I should have a left over Luke ROTJ MR hilt (after Tim was done stripping it for parts) in a couple of days. So I was thinking that with a little decorative work it could be made to look fairly similar to the one in the picture.

Any ideas on materials for the extra stuff?
    I may have a bunch of PVC tubing that would fit the bill.

Or for that matter, any ideas on the design?

I think the empty Luke MR hilt would be a fine basis for the Nihilus saber. The impression I get from Darth Nihilus is that he is tormented and tattered, so his saber should be reflective of that. Perhaps if you weather the Luke MR body (after getting rid of the copper paint), you could have a fine basis for your saber.

I dont know much about nih but from what I can tell squinting at the full pic it looks like a luke hilt could fit the bill.

Good luck and post lots of inprogress pics.

This is my picture of Darth Nihilus's hilt.

I hope this helps. I did not make it.

There are two different Nihilus costumes and two different sabers. The Nihilus from Kotor II use's the same saber as everyone else in the game. The picture you have of the tattered Nihilus is from RPG and the saber is different, so it depends on which direction you go as to which saber is correct.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Tor, that is a freakin cool saber, looks quite like the one in the pic.

Do Clo, yeah I was going off of the Champions of the Force illustration rather than directly from KOTOR II, as 1, the generic sabers look fairly unimpressive, and 2, the multi layered tattered robes look much cooler than the in game model.

Thanks guys for the tips (yeah I'll have to get rid of that copper paint, Jontius).

If you have anymore, I'll be happy to read them.

Heres the one I did for my friends Nihilus costume. We decided not to go with the common kotor sabre design but base it on the artwork too as its a much more interesting design.

Phil Higgins

Oooh, spiffy.

Thats a very nice group shot too.
    What fabric did your friend use for his Nihilus?

Also, where do you get those red tubes, and are they very durable?
    Just thought that it would probably be better in the long run to have a daylight saber for this costume.

edit: *smacks self over head* never mind, found them.

By the way, would you consider Nihilus's saber red or red orange if I were to use a luxeon?