Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 3 claw MHS Mount question.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

go with lee filters. they are waaay better than the color disks, and they are free. you get a huge swatchbook, with tons of colors
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

gearing up for My Chemical Romance on July 19th!!!

where do i get them?
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

look for the lee filters Q&A thread
    all will be revealed there

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

but I still in mho are not as good. too much filtering.

BLUE 3- Ready

well, if i don't like it, then most likely i'll upgrade to a 5w Cyan and then stick a green disc and see what the product is. I hope to figure out how to do a dark blue/green saber.
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

to do that, you need to look at the bin numbers on the leds.

somebody else can explain that rats nest, i don't fully understand it myself

Ok here it goes.

A bin 1 and 2 blue is sort of a regulat blue, a bin 3 and 4 blue is sort of royal blue-ish and a bin 5 and 6 blue are near the level of a bin 1 cyan.

Now a bin 1 and 2 cyan is a washed out blue with a tinge of green, a bin 3 and 4 is a more blue green, A bin 5 and 6 are in the levels of being green.

Some say a bin 6 cyan is unmistakably a green some say.

But when it comes to the greens bin 1 - 6 are all green they vary, very little in color differance like blues and cyans do.

Some say a bin 6 green is the absolute best looking green, the bin 2 green I have seen I dident like very well. I would prolly like a bin 4 or 5 but I would sure love to get my hands on a bin 6. I think corbin has a pic of a bin 6 green some where.

The red, red-orange and amber dont change color like the blues and greens do.

Meaning they dont change color as drasticly like the other colors do. like most say they dont notice any differance at all between a red and a red orange. ambers are kinda orange-ish but still yellow-ish.

The reds may change shades ever so slightly, i seen a 1w Bin 2 red with a 3W red not sure of the bin number but the only difference I have seen was overall brightness.

The bin 2 amber I seen is kinda orange but again still has a hint of yellow in it.

So Iam guessing higher bins of ambers wouldent change much maybe get a tad more yellow maybe.

But an actual royal blue led has a different set of binning as there not rated like the other leds are.

Check out luxeonstar.com to learn more in there pdf's.

well here's an example of the kinda color green i'm going to attempt to figure a way of making:

IMHO, that's the best kinda green you can possibly get.

I AM A JEDI!!!

I dont think that will be possable.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

you're right, likely not, but i'm going to try.

I AM A JEDI!!!