Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 3 claw MHS Mount question.

gearing up for My Chemical Romance on July 19th!!!

does anyone know if the sink tube 1.5" blade holder will work for LED's? It's listed under EL, but just wondering if it will work with LED's as well.
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

Is it possible to just stick an MHS blade holder inside a sink tube, drill holes the bottom part that's designed for being screwed into the MHS adapter, and then just hold it in place by using screws instead of having the MHS adapter?
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

No. The LED is mounted on a holder that doubles as a heatsink and is held in place between the LED/blade holder and the small shelf in the MHS parts.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Tim could proly custom machine one for ya like the conversion kits. or buy the custom heatsink and bladeholder. It is for an i 1/4 sink tube.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...de-holder.aspx

BLUE 3- Ready

Thanks to everyone who's been extremely helpful, but after asking a million questions about compatabilities and such... here are my finalized plans.

I'm going with a 1.25" Chrome Vacuum tube. This just happened to be around the house in 3 18" sections that you can attach and detach however you choose. What I've done then is taken two sections put them together and then i'll cut them down so they add to 18" when I put them together. because they can be taken apart from the middle it means that I'll be able to have 2 11" hilts (when you stick the tubes together 2" of one goes into the other). I am going to be using 2 34" blades on either side. Ultimately this means I can have a Double-Bladed Saber, two sabers, one saber, or one saber with a long hilt. Because I'm doing white LED's I can conveniently switch the discs back and forth. The next saber I plan on doing is an LED w/ a 1.5" sink tube. But that won't be until I can get a 5w Cyan LED and Tim tells me that could be a while.

I AM A JEDI!!!

you will be most disapointed in the colored disks.

BLUE 3- Ready

meh, I looked at the pics of stuff besides I like the lighter stuff. and from what i understand you can put two discs in one hilt? I'm getting 2 sets of discs and doing combinations of blue/green on both sides, blue/red on both sides, green/yellow on both sides, red/orange on both sides.

I AM A JEDI!!!

lighter stuff? as in a dim blade? becouse that is most likely what you will get.

BLUE 3- Ready

If the colored discs don't work well it's not the end of the world for me, I'll probably make use of some of them by mixing them with colored LED's. if the blade is dimmer that's not a huge problem for me, I did get the double-wrap film and I plan on getting some 5w's from the luxeon site eventually.

I AM A JEDI!!!