Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sith "saber" like props

Quote Originally Posted by supertrogdor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    And totally impractical.
    I am going to go ahead and hurl down the gauntlet to you on this one Loreen: Define practical

...and afterwards can you still boast in your size 16, dark red font that it is totally impractical. I can think of a few sensable applications for such a piece, granted not many of them are terribly nice, but they are certainly practical... from a certain point of view
    HAHA!
    Hmmmmmmmm Pie.

I agree with supertrogdor. If I get his intent it is quit practical and would be quit effective I might add. I like the pic you posted Barmic, its better then the one I saw. This could be nice and it looks like there would be plenty of room for say, 2 corbin drivers or crystal focus, speakers, the batteries it would take to power this bad boy, heat sinks, LEDs and optics. I think the weight of the batteries in the square part would help balance it a lot. You could use MHS parts for the two side emitters, drill some holes in them and put some rubber grommets in so the wires don't chafe. Maybe something like those clamps with the screw you use to tighten them to connect them to the box. I'm not sure about he box in the middle. I would build the gauntlet out of aluminum with padding underneath and use leather with buckles or nylon with Velcro for the straps. Just some ideas I've been going over since I saw the first pic.
    "Once you accept it, the dark side is with you forever."
    ―Freedon Nadd to Exar Kun