Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just finished my first saber

It's 38cm from the tip of the emitter shroud to the end of the pommel.

More photos

Top & bottom shots

Pommel detailing. The alu bit is from a hard drive and the brass thingy is from Erv.

This was going to be for the Plecter Labs BLI but there just wasn't room so now it's an extra speaker vent. (Handy for when I'm gripping the hilt tightly with both hands because that cuts off many of the other vents) This is a part from a playstation controller connector.

Speaker vents. I'm quite pleased with these - you can only see them when the light catches the black paint. I mixed some bits of metal (which I had lots of at the time!) with the paint to help with the impression of age.

Also, you can see how the aluminium parts have been distressed. I gave all the alu MHS parts a good going over with wet&dry - 240, 400 & 600 grit. Then they got a a steel brush before I got the buffing wheel out. The result is little scratches here and there and polished spots.

Great saber.

"..impressive, Most impressive."
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm not a fan of toggle switches for sabers, but I like the rest of it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Me either but its a sweet saber.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

that looks awesome for a first saber. i got mine all mhs parts and put it together and thought "awesome!". then i got the great idea of customizing it with a sink tube and making it shorter and blah blah blah and it looks pretty bad now.

Did you have to modify the MHS parts any to get them to slide into your brushed finish tubing, or was it an easy fit? I'd love an alternative to brass sink tailpieces or machining down MHS parts to fit inside other tube types.

I agree that the overtube really works well here. I'm trying to find a U.S. source for 37mm ID tubing (or 1.45" roughly) that has a thicker sidewall then the standard sinktubes we've been using. That would open up a ton of posibilities for shrouds, sleeves and such.

If anyone knows of a good local source, please let me know.

Corbin