Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Just finished my first saber

Default Nice...

I too will be soon making my first Lightsaber and plan to do it with mostly MHS parts. I am not very good usually with this kind of thing so I want to make the hilt pretty streamlined and simple.

However, I really like the angle-cut overlay piece on the top of the emitter. Is it an MHS part and if so which one? I'm not familiar yet with all the names of the parts you listed. If it's not then where can I get one that would fit an MHS setup?

Thanks in advance.
    IcyDeath

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

His overlay is not an MHS part. On his list it's: "Rothley 40mm handrail system (brushed nickel finish)" The 2 pieces of his overlay, on the emitter end and over the hilt, he did himself (or possibly had it done, since it's steel, he doesn't say).
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

That's a cool saber scott. Don't really like the toggle switch but still a nice saber.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    His overlay is not an MHS part. On his list it's: "Rothley 40mm handrail system (brushed nickel finish)" The 2 pieces of his overlay, on the emitter end and over the hilt, he did himself (or possibly had it done, since it's steel, he doesn't say).
    Ah, ok I looked that up and see it must have been cut because on Rothley's website it's a full brushed nickel pipe, thanks.
    IcyDeath

Yep, cut them myself. Used a pipe cutter for the 90degree cuts to keep them square. The cut at the emitter was just done with a hacksaw then tidied up, the cut in the rear section was done with a diamond cutting wheel and dremel.

I too am not a huge fan of the toggle switch but space was REALLY tight and it took the place of two switches. My second saber has a much nicer button arrangement.