Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Complete LED blade tip mirror

Default Complete LED blade tip mirror

I wanted to know, does the mirror in the CSS LED blades block all light, making the tip of the blade black, or does it allow some light through?

You can tell from the picture comparing it to the MR ones- on the MR saber there is light on the table beyond the tip but none on Tim's. Too bad, I'd rather it was a little opaque myself.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I can make them both ways. If you want it with diffuser material instead of a mirror I can do it that way. Until I post them on the site just order a mirror one and let me know in the notes you dont want a mirror.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Cool. I think I'll do that. Expect my order as soon as the LED hilt kits are back in stock.

Oh, and one more thing: I've heard of people poking holes in the mirror to allow light through. Can you do this? It seems like that would be better, as far as lighting goes.

Wait are these mirrors flat? And what do the blades look like without the mirror in them?

Yes the mirrors are flat and no I dont want to try and drill through these little mirrors.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Blog Entries

Hi,
    (reply not directed at Tim)
    I don't think it is necessary to drill through the glass. The backs of the mirrors have a reflective coating. Just carfully scrape off a small circle in the center of the coating. Drilling glass is very hard to do and I would not recommend it.

(directed at Tim) This could be a "service" for a nominal fee, []. Scrape off some reflective coating = $10. lol.

-V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade." http://www.geocities.com/projectstm/lightsaber.html

hmm..didnt even think of that.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thanks for the tip, vadeblade! Anyway, I don't think I'd pay an extra $10 on top of the $30 just for a little reflective coating scraped off. I mean, as long as it's not too hard, Tim could just take an extra second and scrape it off when he puts the blade together in the first place.

Blog Entries

I was joking...