Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Questions about FX Darth Maul

Default maul woes

interesting... im shure you'll find someone that will take them off your hands, as mr drivers go im starting to prefer the sith units, using them with a red lux 3 results in a pretty nifty power down effect

JJ is correct about the obvious visual "power down" if you wire it up on a Lux correctly. You must connect ALL negative leads though if you want that...

However... I will never get over that RETARDED "one clash" sound, along with the fact that the clash sound is SUPPOSED to be the power ON sound... but instead it is a "jedi" on sound. lol.

That clash starts to sound like white noise after 3 hits, lol.

I'm happy with my new soundfont on Erv's setup. People should LOVE it too.

P.S. The on/off sounds on my soundfont are SOLELY my voice (with modification)...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

also if you can ever get the mauls to unscrew, When I had my emitter off I screwed it into where the battery cap was and put the cap where the emitter was, looked pretty cool. If I can ever get another really cheap I may see about just switching them around and leaving them that way.

BLUE 3- Ready

Default maul woes

funny thing is though i only get that effect with sith drivers powering lux 3 red emitters... figure that one out!

jj... as far as I know... the Vader/Maul boards are programmed to take longer in the power-down stage. This makes it a bit more apparent to your eyes.

Did you know that on ALL MR boards, you DO get a "ramping" effect both ways??? HOWEVER... few of them are visually possible to see.

Even the Vader/Maul boards have a slight power ON ramp... look closely! It's there. But you must REALLY really look for it.

The Luke/Mace/Ani boards do not APPEAR to have these simply because the ramp on/off is too quick.

That's my opinion--I could be wrong. But think about it. It's clear that the MR board powers each LED set individually. So, even when you hook up a Luxeon--it will get a portion of the power, then another portion, and so on.

Whether you can SEE it or not... depends on the timing. Too fast on the "light side" boards...

Besides, my guess is... the fwd voltage of the LED will indeed play a small part. A small one. Since it's usually 2.95 vs. 3.4 or 3.8 or whatever. Yippee.[/i]
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

I concur it is noticable Ya just have to look carefully.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Ive noticed that on my red mace, it almost has a flicker effect on powerdown

BLUE 3- Ready

Default sith driver

exactly what i was saying vt, the sith ramp is slow enough that you can actually see the dimming of the lux which gives a retraction effect that is quite similar to joe's first driver, its even gives a nice power down apearance on stock mr tubes that i really dig...

Yeah, I still wonder why that wasn't done with the "good guy" sabers... or maybe it is simply a compilation of the fact that the LEDs were different, and the "on" and "off" sound speed.

Either way, who cares... Erv's board is what you need if you want sound + ramping, heheh

Yes but not everyone can foot for an ervs board. Maybe his soundless driver.