Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A couple of ideas to improve our Lightsabers!

I know you've been busy Eandori, but... did you try resoldering/re-working any MR blades with this flash idea yet?

Now, myself... I'd rather see the Luxeon flash thing, but hey, I'm biased toward staged combat worthy props...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Interesting thread here.
    Just for the record, the drivers available here are also capable of "flash on clash". I called it Clash and Lock, or C&L. Basically, you wire in an impact sensor like what they use on Hasbro sabers to the two C&L contacts and when the blade strikes something, the blade flashes, then shimmers a little. Hooking up a momentary in parallel to the sensor allows you to replicate the effect to simulate blaster deflection. Hold the momentary button down engages the "lockup" effect and keeps the blade shimmering until you release the button.

Corbin

Yeah, it was kinda a neat idea, huh Corbin? MRs flashing all weird and all, heheh

As to the flash clash... Eandori is trying something quite different, as he's looking to use alternate LEDs or light sources to create even MORE light either within or outside the polytube for a much more distinctive and "shocking" effect rather than solely varying the LED current to the main Luxeon via over/under-driving.

Still, I agree--clash on flash is certainly available via Corbin's board and Erv's board. I'm not certain about Hyperdyne's, but I'm pretty sure it does some effects on a "collision" sense as well.

My guess is that the newer "STEVE" boards by Ultra will likely implement that idea, although I don't know for certain.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Just for completeness, I did end up building a clash flash lightsaber and made a video of it. My Youtube videos are linked through my signature if you would like to see.

I'm still in "research phase" for more improved versions of clash flash.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Quote Originally Posted by Eandori
    About the mechanics of it... Truth is, I challenge you to find many people with MR sabers that don't duel at least some with them. I have 4 of them and I duel with them all the time.
    i got 2 and a 3rd i sold last year. 1 is still mint, the other has been lux converted. and NO! i dont duel with the stock MR at all.

thats just nuts considering the leds breakage factor. only way to make it duelable is a lux convertion.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!