I will have to come back soon and edit this post, because my pic hosting is a bit wonky at the moment.

This saber has been many months in the making, and has seen many, many, many revisions from what was first pictured in my head. I had originally intended the saber to be of a Sith nature and red-bladed by nature. I had originally intended a full sound suite.

Neither of those came to be. This is a mute stunt saber. No sound. With the 2005 MR Vader sound board going haywire I had slotted for install in this saber and the subsequent demise of my Red Lux III, it was the calming voice of my better half that said "Jon, just relax...it is beautiful and does not need sound to be complete. Finish it. Get it off the workbench and this whole escapade is done."

She is right, of course. I'm miffed about the MR board dying. I wired it exactly like the tutorial here, but it got really hot, the sound died, then the magic smoke arrived. DEAD. Then I saw a bright flash and a pop...the LED was toast too. That's alright, because the 3W Cyan looks niiiiccceee. With the battery pack in this thing, it ought to have some looooonnngggg runtimes as a stunt saber.

Until I can get my pic hosting sorted out tonight, here are some images to hold you over:

The saber is nearly 15" from tip to pommel. Comprised of MHS parts that have been slightly altered to serve my own purposes. The sleeve and rings were cut from raw brass tubing and as you see them here, were slowly and steadily polished. The emitter tips are as menacing as they seem and are quite sharp. I have a scar on my finger from where one of them laid it open due to my negligence.

Another pic to give you a more accurate sense of scale of this saber. The rings are secured to the main body via socket-had cap screws. They provide a surprisingly comfortable grip. When spinning the saber, the hand is best served on the ribbed section, but for fighting, the screws help to lock the hand in place without being harmful.

All brass on the saber is polished to this luster. By hand.

Feel free to comment thus far. I'll get the other pics sorted out ASAP and posted.