Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbin's saber from Jonitus

Default It's MINE!

Great looking saber.
    I'm glad to say that I won the auction on Ebay and this beauty will find a home next to the Killer Penny and my 3 versions of Malius.

One thing people might notice:

The brass Malius saber.....forked brass emitter shroud:

The Killer Penny saber.....forked brass emitter shroud (with two cross pieces):

The Jonitus saber..... forked brass emitter shroud (with two cross pieces):

Gee, I wonder if this saber will fit in.

I'm debating about changing out the cyan for a red and possibly adding sound and a driver. We'll see.

Corbin

Corbin & his 'Fork fetish'!!!!!

XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin
    Corbin & his 'Fork fetish'!!!!!

Well, you know what I say.... "If you can't beat em, FORK EM!"

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

awsome man!

BLUE 3- Ready

Like I said I was about to bid on it, then noticed you were high bidder, and thought that's cool, one of the TCSS guys is going to get it! That should fit right in with your collection!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Hi guys
    I was thinking this saber might remain polished rather than weathered like the rest of my brass ones. The LED will probably be swapped out to a red (or possibly a red/orange) too. I'm leaning towards red.
    Are there any other suggestions people might have about this saber? Eventually I might put a driver in there too. I had originally thought about replacing the 4.8V NiMH battery pack with a Li-Ion setup, but if I'm going to use a driver on a red, 4.8V is perfect. 7.2V would be better for a 5 watt or a Jedi colored 3 watt. A single 3.6V Li-Ion can power a red Lux direct drive no problem though. That would save a ton of space.
    Because of the sharp points on the shroud, this saber will NOT be a dueling one. Much like my KP saber, it has the potential to hurt someone (including the holder) if care is not taken. My dueling sabers tend not to have sharp points or edges if I can help it.
    Anyway, what types of upgrades/mods do you think would work well for this saber?

Corbin

Sounds like you have most of it figured out, Corbin!

I agree with everything you said regarding the Li-Ion possibilities and all that jazz. I guess the only questions would be:

1. How much room is in there... total?
    2. Is it even possible to fit "everything" in there, such as Li-Ion 3.6 + PLI + extra LEDs + driver + multiple switches + q/d Lux LED setup?

The only other thing I might suggest is... I wonder what would happen if someone attached TWO speakers to a saber... putting one ahead of the other, or somehow made them side by side?

I don't know if that simply sucks more power and produces only a "little better" sound... or what.

I guess the only comparison would be a Maul? I don't recall those being super loud though or whatever.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Corbin? Firebird? hehehh
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

the mauls are pretty loud if you dont' have the stupid pommels or coupler on. but with 2 goin they kick butt. How about the tri lux?

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar

I agree with everything you said regarding the Li-Ion possibilities and all that jazz. I guess the only questions would be:

2. Is it even possible to fit "everything" in there, such as Li-Ion 3.6 + PLI + extra LEDs + driver + multiple switches + q/d Lux LED setup?

The only other thing I might suggest is... I wonder what would happen if someone attached TWO speakers to a saber... putting one ahead of the other, or somehow made them side by side?

I don't know if that simply sucks more power and produces only a "little better" sound... or what.

I guess the only comparison would be a Maul? I don't recall those being super loud though or whatever.

Two speakers facing eachother would work well, provided there was adequate ventilation for the sound to escape, and that the speakers were wired 180 degrees out of phase from eachother, so the cones don't collide. You'd want a bit of space between them, but not much. Just enough that the magnetic forces aren't noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus
    Quote Originally Posted by Novastar

Two speakers facing eachother would work well, provided there was adequate ventilation for the sound to escape, and that the speakers were wired 180 degrees out of phase from eachother, so the cones don't collide. You'd want a bit of space between them, but not much. Just enough that the magnetic forces aren't noticeable.
    so the speakers work together not against each other. I had a sub box that wired up the same way. I din't know that till a speaker blew

BLUE 3- Ready