Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Corbin's saber from Jonitus

I really like version 5 and the switchbox ties it in even better.
    The curved grooves look nice and I think would add a little more grip.
    The Sith runes I really like. The emitter looks better every time you tweak it.
    Tom

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

no problem

that that version is lookin pretty awsome, but also seems real busy.

BLUE 3- Ready

I agree that my designs can sometimes be a bit busy. Originally when I was considering the runes, I wondered if THEY would make it too busy. I'm pretty well set on it having runes though. The other elements, like the activator box and whatever cosmetic things I put on there will hopefully add to the overall look and not detract from it. But like all things, it's a matter of taste. I may love it even though several folks hate it. Likewise, I could have people saying "that's it! It's perfect!" and if I'm not completely satisfied with it, I won't stop til it's how I want it. I DO like getting a "reality check" from everyone though as far as design goes.
    My thoughts for adding the activator box and the grill like slots on the blade holder was to have it somewhat mimic the design elements of the original Malius saber. In my story, the owner of this saber will have had one of the holocrons made by Darth Malius and will have used its teachings to help constuct this saber, just as I did when I make the Killer Penny. I want these brass sabers to have a certain characteristic similarity, yet not be obvious copies of each other. Sorta like they're "brothers" or "sisters", but not identical twins. My thoughts about having those rounded grooves on the grip was to slightly mimic the rounded flutes of both the Malius and the KP.

Corbin

don't get me wrong, I love it. There are so many things people thing up for their sabers that I would never thing of. It just show what all people can do to the mhs to make it their very own custom.

BLUE 3- Ready

I had some time on my hands today and decided to screw around with the design even more. This is a bit over the top in regards to having a bunch of stuff on it (ie busy), but I thought I'd post it anyway.

The main changes are the new brass pommel, some emitter changes, inclusion of a viewport/LED housing behind the thumbscrew and adding a couple of knobs by the activator box area to mimic the original Malius saber. Though on the Malius, they were up closer to the emitter.

I'm not sure about those knobs to tell the truth. The brass box I have for this is already made and has a threaded hole in each side, so there could be screws or knobs on the sides of the box instead I suppose.

I love the pommel. I think no matter what ya do it's gonna be over the top and sweet lookin.

BLUE 3- Ready

Thanks
    It's just a matter of narrowing down all the choices. That's all.

For instance, I just did one with the knobs moved forward and small ones on the box. It's the closest to the original Malius.

For a comparison, the Malius is the saber on the right below.

are the knobs used to cover mounting srews? I like the look of button heads more so

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    are the knobs used to cover mounting srews? I like the look of button heads more so
    In the original Malius, those two knobs are held in place by socket head screws. Those screws go through into the interior of the saber and hold an electronic module setup in the emitter. It puts power to a smoke emitter for a model train.

On this saber, the knobs would just be used for looks. They'd likely be held on with similar screws.

I really love that pommel idea but it would make the saber very much longer than I think it should be(as if it isent freaking long already).

But maybe shorten the box to say mabey in the over a 1/4" area.

Something like the size of the c&l box on the KP.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics