Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adding driver

Hello I think I can help I am currently building a Led Saber using Corbin's Driver and Sound Board with a Force Resonator I have one DPDT Switch for both boards, the Shock and Swing sensors are part of the Sound Board so one switch will activate it all. I am only installing a secondary switch for the master power off, since sometimes the boards can get out of sync and you have to reboot them. I am still experimenting with Clash/Lock driver board working in sync with sound and will post when I have found out more.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I am still experimenting with Clash/Lock driver board working in sync with sound and will post when I have found out more.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> Well I did it, the secret to get the Led Clash feature and the Soundboard to work simultaneously(on impact) is to match the polarity from the Driver Board with the wires from the sound board to the shock sensor. Unfortunately my Camera Down is temporarly down, so can't post any pics but if anybody has any questions, feel free to E-Mail me.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Hey, I'm wondering... Will the extend/retract effect from the driver work with the LED blades that have a mirror in the tip? Wouldn't that make the blade come down from the top and bottom simultaneously?

Now that's a really good question! Logic would indicate what you suggested - a lighting up at both ends, but the effect might not be strong enough as to be bothersome. Corbin, some input?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is an interesting question... I bet it would. I don't believe corbin uses a mirror. On his blades he's not going for evenness and the fade is different because of the coring he gets.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

That is an interesting question... I bet it would. I don't believe corbin uses a mirror. On his blades he's not going for evenness and the fade is different because of the coring he gets.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hmm... in that case I may save the 40 bucks. Oh well, I usually like my sabers to ignite quickly like Luke's in ROTJ, rather than the slow, gradual thing, anyway. Thought it might be nice, but it's not that important.

Actually, I believe Corbin DOES use mirrored caps. I've been talking to Corbin about my lightsaber project for a while, and when I got my driver from him, I asked him for one of the acrylic tips he uses as well, and when he sent it to me, it does have a mirror on the bottom of it. He's been giving my suggestions on how to make my saber like I want it, and I doubt he would sell me something that messes up the driver effect that he sent me at the same time. I'm assuming that the tip he gave me is the same that he uses in all of his blades, and I have seen videos of his driver being used in blades with no such problems.

I haven't specifically asked him about this, but I think you'll be fine if you get Corbin's driver with a mirrored tip.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, I have seen learned that too. It'd be interesting to know why this doesn't mess with the up/down.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Where can I see one of these videos?

http://media.putfile.com/Eriksmagenta

There's the video. It only displays the extend retract feature of Corin's driver. The blade does appear to shimmer at one point, but I'm not sure if this is the actual clash and lock effect or just an unintentional camera effect. I can tell you though, that the purpose of C&L is to create an effect similar to that of two lightsabers clashing. You can hook up Corbin's driver to motion sensors, such as ones out of Hasbro sabers, and the clash will initiate automatically whenever the Hasbro hit sensor detects a collision. If you hold down the clash and lock button the blade will flash brightly and then shimmer as though it is being held against another lightsaber. Corbin suggests using a momentary SPST switch for this, but you may be able to use a push-to-make SPST switch that will keep you from having to hold town the button. push to activate C&L, and push to deactivate it.

I hope the video is helpful. Try talking to Corbin about this stuff, he is truly very helpful.