Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My First EL Saber done!!!

Default gthmnyt2580

i would love to see a custom hilt from when batman took on the grendel from the comic line! gotta love the grendels, an awesome cross between jedi and the crow, a unstopable force of vengence and retribution!

i might just have to make up a hilt and costume for that idea, it would be easy to do since most of the grendels hilts were in appearance part of the dreadlocks off the back of their masks, and the suits vary so much i could really take some liberty in the design and add in both comic and sw elements... yeah im gonna have to draw up some designs on this one now! i think darth scion will have to wait a little longer before getting started in favor of a grendel!

Gotham City with a saber on my utility belt

Default Re: gthmnyt2580

Quote Originally Posted by jjshumpert
    i would love to see a custom hilt from when batman took on the grendel from the comic line! gotta love the grendels, an awesome cross between jedi and the crow, a unstopable force of vengence and retribution!

i might just have to make up a hilt and costume for that idea, it would be easy to do since most of the grendels hilts were in appearance part of the dreadlocks off the back of their masks, and the suits vary so much i could really take some liberty in the design and add in both comic and sw elements... yeah im gonna have to draw up some designs on this one now! i think darth scion will have to wait a little longer before getting started in favor of a grendel!
    Haha...sorry about that jjs....did i unlock a beast for the creation a new lightsaber / character for you?...i've heard of Grendel but have honestly not read the comic.

Default gthmnyt2580

oh dont apologize, im always up for a new challenge! ill have to start going back over my comics to get some good images to work from, quick search got these on google, gives an idea of the basic look of the character :

ill have to get some ideas together and draw up some good sketches on where to go with this costume design. lucky for me since there were so many variations on the character i have alot of room to add in whatever i need to make it work like a hide a way pouch on the back for storing blade tubes. several of the variations also carried forms of ballistic weaponry, so as this project takes shape it will give me a reason to look into some of the great designs out dealing with sw type blasters, many of which ive been dying to build...

Gotham City with a saber on my utility belt

VERY FREAKIN COOL!!!.....good luck to you. Be sure to post pix of progress

I think we just created a monster.....

I'm interested in your take on Darth Sion, I haven't seen any that look right. Afew Nihilus' & Revans have impressed me, but all the other Darths seem to fall short (besides the Vaders obviously). Thomas on Flagship Eclipse has done fantastic work on his clone Emperor & Darth Bane, but even on there the Sions seem abit too much like Fimo stuck on.
    I suppose he's kinda tricky to do right though. Good luck!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?