Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MHS Obi-Wan by Jonitus

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

that is the snitz!!!!

BLUE 3- Ready

Ryma Mara

very nice

Buff Buff Buff Buff!!!! WWOOOOOWWWOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Buff train, coming down the track with a whole carriage of wheels to replace the ones Jonitus has used to get that gleam!!!

Beautiful dude!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

wow!!
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Believe it or not, I used only my own two hands and a mountain of wet/dry sandpaper to get the gleam you see on the emitter and the double female connector piece. Well, I also used quite a bit of Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish too.

Some have asked me about the AMN2 booster part. There is a length of 1.25" sinktube running from the junction of the double female connector and the grooved extension piece, up through the handwheel. The styrene profiles I used for the "booster" are bonded to that sinktube. The sinktube is secured by the 3 decorative screws, the recharge port and the screws holding the control box to the double female piece. My speaker and whatnot is inside that sinktube.

It's an open can of worms since I completed this saber. Now my GF wants one, so I will have to ready myself for another build.

Nice work Jonitus! Always a pleasure to see your quality stuff.

Unlike that ungrateful you-know-who...

Anyhow never mind that now--EXCELLENT WORK!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Thanks for the kind words all. Glad you like the saber. There were a few times during construction that I felt as though it would never be completed. Ruined parts, failed plans, set-backs...all kinds of things hampering my progress. None of that matters now.

The saber featuring my fancy brass sleeve is nearly complete, so that one will be next. I had hoped to finish it in time for someone to purchase it for CIV, but that may not happen. Too bad...that's a lot of exposure right there.

Assuming things pan out like it seems they will, I will build another MHS Obi-Wan and a MHS Luke in the coming months.

I'd be happy to purchase it, but I'm not a big fan of sabers that are movie-accurate... only because everyone and their mother-in-law has an "Obi-Wan" or "Maul"... I like having 100% totally original sabers. Such as the BOP sabers.

But hey--that doesn't mean movie-ish sabers aren't great. I love 'em. Just don't care to "own" one...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide