Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Working with a Graflex

Mine is a replica that uses tooling that I bought from BISKIT on the jedi prop forum. I will be selling these kits soon. They will include the 2 tube sections and the clamp. Also included will be the clamp at top and flash eye with magnifier. They are in the works now. waiting on some raw material suppliers to get started. I've had tim make a couple of LED holders one is used in the pics i posted. i believe he'll be making some for the site(I'll need some more so i got my fingers crossed). since those pics i have changed the blade set screw to one more like the movies so i won't have that thing sticking out so far.

I use a MR sound board in these and i mean to tell u it is a tite fit for everything to fit. Most of the MR sabers i've stripped have that darn quick disconect. There is not room in the graflex(replica or real) for the quick disconnect which holds the clash sensor. I have been removing just the sensor and soldering it straight to the wires. For all those asking what wire goes where. Grey wire goes to the thinest connector on the sensor and the thickside goes to the purple wire. Then you can slide it in the board housing. Still works fine. Clash is activated properly when struck.

thanks xwing. pariah, look in the pics section and youll see the one i did. its a lukes ESB REAL graflex with led and sound.

Hey,
    I got a question...
    I made my own graflex replica, the grips are made from Looney Toons car mat.

I glued the grips on with contact cement, it's good enough for show, but not to fight with. I can't find a 2 sided tape that works well enough. I hear talk of some 3M product...

Anyways - what works best and where can I get some?

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Nice activation box Madcow!!

How'd you make that?

will you post more pictures of that saber madcow? looks nice, but i would like to see it from other angles.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Well alrighty...

The activation box is made from channel aluminum. I cut a couple of peices to reinforce the inside and cover up the ends. The clamp is merely sheet aluminum cut and then bent round. The lever is also sheet aluminum bent around and ground into shape with a grinding wheel. I don't have a propper bubble strip yet.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life