Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra's recording of the ignition, hum, clash, and retract!

Ryma Mara

what about the momentary spst switch or switch #7?

designed for momentary well forget that.

Ryma Mara

ok what it is is the board actually controlls the on off the switch is just used like a signel to tell it to turn on off.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Even though I am usually against the idea we are going to start taking pre-orders for the ultra sound board. More info to follow.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Ryma Mara

kool

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know for some a momentary switch is a turn-off, but this is where I like to get creative. Run a safety switch! It's a simple interupt like in Corbin's diagrams for his board.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ok, this is how it works, the button is just like a key on your keyboard, it sends a signal to the board to tell it to turn on or off, it doesn't handle the power flow directly. This is how the switches on an MR, Hasbro, and Corbin Driver works, even though some use latching and others use momentary, it's still the same principle.

A momentary setup is better than a latching setup in many ways. Even a latching can be accidently turned off while dueling. It will be difficult to turn a saber off by accident while using this board since the button must be held down for 2 seconds to deactivate the saber.

There's also a plethora of momentary pushbutton switches available, so the variety is huge. You can even make your own switch easily. There are literally only a handful of latching push buttons available, so in the end, everyone uses the same button.

As for passive draw, I don't have the exact figure, but it's no worse than the passive draw of an MR.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

^Good to know about the passive draw on your boards. I had been wondering about that.

-Kyp

Ryma Mara

Yeah I read the thing about it not to long after I posted the mom button thing.

I dont like holding my saber on but this setup is pritty interesting the switch dosent actually turn the board on/off but it does.

kinda weared butintresting.

Yes, it is interesting. Every modern computer works the same way, the on/off switches don't actually control the power, it's just another key.

Oh, just so we're clear, you don't have to hold the button down for the saber to be on, you just gotta tap it once to turn it on. To turn it off, you press and hold for 2 seconds.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Time to root through the sofa cushions. lok under the floor mats in the car, go bottle collecting..........

I prefer Mom switches for the reason stated above...there are many to choose from in many sizes and shapes.

Question?
    will there be an option to order a board with a rechargeable battery already connected?
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.