Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How is the battery pack secured?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Man, that must have been some roll of caps!!

I blew up a whole roll of caps when I was a kid, using a 5 lb steel mallet, putting the roll of caps on the sidewalk. My ears were ringing for the next hour or so, and some dirt from the sidewalk stung my knees when it blasted out from under the caps, but that's all that happened to me.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    The issue is the coating. Tim plasti-dips the packs to hold them together. I GUESS you could probably trim it but then why not get a 6AA triangle holder?
    Because I think the plastic they use to divide the batteries would make it too thick/wide for a 1.25 sink tube. I was thinking that Tim used heat-shrink tubing or something like that to hold them together (that might not be a bad Idea...) And just for the record I was never going to sand the actual batteries, I'm not that stupid. I just thought that with a little help the 7.2 volt pack could be "persuaded" to go in. Maybe the BFH-9000 would help lol.
    Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

Like I said, sand the PIPE, not the batteries.

Worked for me when I needed just a *SLLLLIGHT* (and I mean slight) bit of room inside a 1.5" tube to fit 7.4Li-Ion 18650 (2 cells side by side)
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Maybe the BFH-9000 would help lol.
    you ask...

i deliver
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I never used that on a saber, BUT there WAS one saber from BOP I that

LITERALLY

needed to be "peeled apart" like a freakin' banana or sardine can. A tube was jammed into place SO well, no amount of twisting, pulling, or even MACHINES pulling at both parts would separate the two.

So, I cut into the tube, and sort of spiraled my way up until I could free the entire thing and replace it.

This was WAY before I knew:

* how to solder
    * build a single saber
    * wire up anything
    * a single thing about current/voltage, etc.

It was frustrating, but a great learning experience.

NEVER... NEVER NEVER NEVER

EVER

"force" anything into place. You may never be able to take it apart for repair. That would be a bad move given the nature of LED sabers...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I have to kill the battery in my Luke before I can assemble it because it's the only way I can fit it into the Ribbed section of the hilt.

When it's dead it shrinks just enough that it slides right in. When it's charged it expands slightly and locks itself into place. If I dissasemble it charged it chews the crap out of the shrink wrap, dead it falls out.

But this may not help anyone because I'm using Tims old yellow pack that he doesn't sell anymore. But good information to know I guess.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

FB, that's really weird. i wonder if that'll be what happens with my batt pack
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Ryma Mara

ah exlposions and loss of hearing. reminds me of that stupid lawnmower insident.

one time we were camping and i dropped my knife on the road before we were heading in, and we had some road flares lit to make us visible and hellp us see, and i picked one up to help me find my knife, of course i'm waving this flaming flare over the ground, it sets off a firecracker that was laying there, and i couldnt hear for 2 hours out of my left ear. not fun.

ryma i hate to ask but what lawnmoar accident

red leader moving in to attack position.